Any RadRover contributors out there ?

Question for 1st wavers... Have you been billed for shipping yet? I put my order in April 15th and still haven't been billed for
shipping. I'm guessing they are waiting to receive and inspect the bikes in Seattle beforehand... but that's just a guess... Maybe a better question for the RR team? If that is the case, then billing for shipping would indicate delivery within a week or 2... cool...

I asked something like this on Indiegogo, as I backed with option to put in half the price at first (I'm a first batch backer), and Ty's answer was that shipping and the rest of the amount would be handled around June 15th I think it was.

Question for 1st wavers... Have you been billed for shipping yet? I put my order in April 15th and still haven't been billed for
shipping. I'm guessing they are waiting to receive and inspect the bikes in Seattle beforehand... but that's just a guess... Maybe a better question for the RR team? If that is the case, then billing for shipping would indicate delivery within a week or 2... cool...

I am a first waver, got in on one of the half now/half later contributions - I don't even have to pay the 2nd half until the bike is ready for shipping - I asked shortly after they placed the first order and verified color choice! So, I would say it is safe to expect to pay for shipping once the bikes are actually in the US and almost ready/ready to ship directly to you.

Found my bikes... they're in the blue one in front in the bottom row... Somewhere in the north pacific... due in Seattle around June 25th... http://eandt.theiet.org

Actually Ty from the campaign has said in the last week or two (to myself and a few others) the bikes are expected to start actually arriving to funders around the 26th, meaning they'll likely be getting into Seattle sometime next week.

Right, the 1st run, I believe the 2nd run will be about 10 days behind the 1st 60 bikes .. From all that I have read.. they're right on schedule... pretty amazing... Those humongous cargo ships can make it from Shanghai to Seattle in 12-15 days..

@AKOA,
Welcome to the forum! I ordered from montreal and I am excited as hell !
Do you know in which batch you are in ? Good to have a fellow Canadian on board !

Hey Radlovers, are you like me ? I feel like getting some news from the Rad power bikes team on how everything is working out...
Yeah yeah I know ! I'm really impatient ;)

Well it is pretty much Christmas in July right? I'm being as patient as I can be, potentially only 2 more weeks!

I talked with Mike this afternoon. The shipper container is expected to arrive in Seattle next Thursday, the 18th. They think they'll be able to get the bikes from the Port on Monday the 22nd and start shipped them out. Since I'm right next to them, I expect to have mine on the 22nd or 23rd.

I have to wait until September for my fancy schmancy Noke U-lock.

I'm thinking about a gps tracker in the frame, but these locks will be interesting too. I give it a year or two and there will be quite a few options like these.

I also contributed to the karmic koben, I'll be waiting a whole winter for that!

pxpaul,
I saw your left field fork question, did Ty get back to you? Are you looking for weight savings
or reliability. And do you think it will change the steering geometry, how about riding angle??
I'd also be interested in gps tracking... but I don't plan on leaving it in public places... I've had
my share of bikes stolen...

Last edited:
@scmike I haven't heard back yet. Kind of a unique question, not sure if they'll know the answer or have time to get it in the next week or two before my bike is slated to arrive but that is ok!

If I do the swap it will be for weight savings. There is only 1 generic fat fork that I have read discussion on over at mtbr in their forums. It weighs almost 7 pounds! Heck a swap to a normal aluminum fork might be just as good weight savings.

I'm also going to swap the tubes (fat tubes are heavy and kinda pointless) to normal mtb tubes and might drill the rims to save a couple more pounds. I think there is potential to knock close to ten pounds off the bike, or I wouldn't bother!

What are the other ways of saving weight? Is going tubeless a big deal.. Drilling the RR's double walled rims doesn't seem
like something easily done... I believe the ones I've seen are punched out single walled rims?? The seat/s. post looks like a good candidate for exchange... Saving weight for me will probably include a better diet...

Ultimately I guess I will see how it handles with the suspension fork first. It is a heavy bike regardless, 10 percent of the overall weight isn't a whole lot! I don't think tubeless is that great, but I don't get many flats. Swapping to a regular mtb tube makes the most sense to me...the stock tubes on fat bikes are quite heavy, around 1lb each from what I have seen.

Back