Any RadRover contributors out there ?

Yay! our own forum!
I'm also looking forward to hearing the feedback from the first batch of Rad Rover owners. I'm in the second batch, plus I live in the UK, so I'll be expecting mine to arrive a few weeks later. I can't wait!

Hi!
I live in in Trondheim, Norway, so the bike will not really be street legal (lots os restrictions), but I'm gonna ride it carefully in the city. You have to do that anyway, an e-bike must be be used with extra caution in cities with a lot of people and traffic, I think. But I'm gonna limit the speed to 25 kmh (15-16 mph) with the panel and just really use the motor full on in all the hills around me. I'm in the first batch, so I'm just a month away...! Got the black one and asked for the customized fenders, even though they were very costly on top of it all. The shipping and the customs are gonna melt away a lot from my credit card anyway, so...

I must say, I'm really excited about this bike, even though I own an e-bike already, and I have been checking the Indiegogo page everyday for two months, just to see comments and updates. I also feel very safe about it, even though I bought a bike from across the world, because the Radpower guys seem so trustworthy and communicate so well. I have backed a lot of projects on Kickstarter and Indiegogo, and never have I experience such good communication. That speaks volumes, if you ask me. :)

Great to put up this forum too! I reckon it will become very useful over time if people know about it.

Any idea why the battery is so expensive? Will the cost come down over time? Can it be obtained as aftermarket item?

Is it that expensive compared to other batteries? Hopefully batteries will be come cheaper as a whole in the coming years.

It is a large battery. Batteries are priced based on total capacity. If you price a similar battery from em3ev.com (make sure to price shipping, which is expensive!) you'll find the $400 campaign funder price is extremely competitive.

To compare prices of cheaper batteries (at $200 I'm thinking you might have looked at the sondors bike spare?) Multiply the volts by amp hours to get the total watt hours. A 36v 9ah battery is only 324wh while the radrover is 48v 11.5ah, total just over 550wh.

And that means more juice, right? My current bike has a 36v 10ah battery, but weighs less (25 kg / 55 lbs) than the RadRover (27 kg / 60.8 lbs) and has a smaller motor at 250w. I'm a bit curious about the difference in daily battery life because of this. Thoughts?

As far as I understand it, the higher voltage provides the possibility for more power and potential higher rate of speed. Since the speed is limited, I don't think the higher voltage has any additional impact related to wear and tear on the battery. Perhaps someone with a little more knowledge can correct me where I am wrong!

Pledged for a Rad Rover first production run, and third production run. Nori lights and large fenders. My first electric bike experience was a Charger Electric bike. Looking forward to the rad Rover experience.

Hi all, I'm in the first production run also. The team projects a late June delivery, is that when the container is delivered to the port? I live outside of Boston so I'm thinking I'll be a week to ten days after that. Think that sounds right? Impatiently waiting.

And that means more juice, right? My current bike has a 36v 10ah battery, but weighs less (25 kg / 55 lbs) than the RadRover (27 kg / 60.8 lbs) and has a smaller motor at 250w. I'm a bit curious about the difference in daily battery life because of this. Thoughts?
Great Video explaining everything about EBike batteries - definitely worth watching if you are truly interested

Hi all, I'm in the first production run also. The team projects a late June delivery, is that when the container is delivered to the port? I live outside of Boston so I'm thinking I'll be a seek to ten days after that. Think that sounds right? Impatiently waiting.

I think we all are anxious to get our New bikes! I don't think anyone has asked to clarify the specific date of the first deliveries...but what you have started had been my assumption as well. I will send them an email to see if they can provide any further details!

Last edited:
Back