Any brand for a 360degrees camera for front+rear ? (Total 2cameras)

Ebiker01

Just recently had faced the need to have a camera that could record from all angles while riding. Mostly for safety . Was considering it before but only knew about them being for front or rear . Those could not record the L or R side.

I am aware of the 360degrees cameras for normal use but for bikes or ebikes does anyone know what offerings are there ?

Googling stuff i stumbled upon a smart drone, but that is not doable for all the riding situations.
But is a clever drone unless you fly it close to the water where it will confuse the body if water with the sky and take a dive ! Check out the youtube vids for this scenarios.

Skydio 2 drone:

It looks like 1-2years from now a better version could be the guardian angel when on a ride/run/walk. They already have a much better one but is very expensive -4k+. Skydio x2 is usable during the night also.

For now , i want a very good 360degrees camera for bike. I've read a few of the other older threads here on ebr about onboard cameras but didn't noticed any posts about something like this . Does it exist or not ??

I’m really considering getting the new insta360 one X2 if GoPro doesn’t get the Max lens mod back in stock soon.

Cycliq Fly6 HD Camera
Cycliq Fly6 HD Camera

I know about this one and i also like it, but i had a situation that has happened few days ago where the driver came from left side.

Not possible to have it on video with the Cycliq . Only if had a rotating camera in front , but even that i would needed to manually rotate toward the driver....and loose a few precious seconds of footage . The Insta1 x2 looks good !
I found this ones on amazon but not sure which one is best and if it has an bike mount.

Last edited:
Plenty of options out there. Rylo is the one I use, can find it on sale for $199. Great photos and video. Can run it in 360 mode in 4k or 5.7 k, just the front lens in 1080 p, just the rear lens in 1080 p, or both the front and rear lens at the same time in 1080 p. (Not 360 mode, think of two go pros back to back one filming the front and one filming the rear.

I use a Kodak PixPro SP360 as a front only camera, but there is another model, the Kodak Orbit 360 4K with dual front/rear lenses. I found the single side Dome mode on my camera to be fairly useless, but the lens is fairly wide angle so I imagine the stitching software probably does a reasonable job syncing front and rear.

Plenty of options out there. Rylo is the one I use, can find it on sale for $199. Great photos and video. Can run it in 360 mode in 4k or 5.7 k, just the front lens in 1080 p, just the rear lens in 1080 p, or both the front and rear lens at the same time in 1080 p. (Not 360 mode, think of two go pros back to back one filming the front and one filming the rear.

So basically either brand I choose if I want to have 360 recording I should get front+rear because a 360 front only cannot capture Everything unless it is install all the way on top of the ebike or helmet if I wear a helmet.

For a 500$ budget what would you get ?? Maybe 750$ if it's really good cameras/brand.

So basically either brand I choose if I want to have 360 recording I should get front+rear because a 360 front only cannot capture Everything unless it is install all the way on top of the ebike or helmet if I wear a helmet.

For a 500$ budget what would you get ?? Maybe 750$ if it's really good cameras/brand.
Definitely dual front & rear lenses are the way to go. For your budget, GoPro Max, it has image stabilization that I think is missing from the Kodak. If you don't want to compromise your helmet by wearing it on top of your head, consider a selfie stick and Ram Mount as in this video posted last week in the actioncam thread by @nunosanches.

Last edited:

All 360 camera use at least 2 lenses front and rear,, there are no single lense 360 canera. As you go up in price the number of lenses generally increases. This is the best consumer 360 camera right now, and the only consumer level capable of 8k video.

At 500 price point id go with the go pro max, or one of the insta 360 models, either the twin or the x

One thing to remember with GoPro Max is you have to pay a subscription to use the stitching software

I have the GoPro Max, it is awesome!
I don't have to use any stitching!
Screenshot_20200517-205138_GoPro.jpg

Back