Getting a DJI Osmo Action 3 camera....

sc00ter

Region
USA
City
Norfolk, VA
Not sure if to add a exclamation mark or not to the end of that thread title yet. Ordered it today (01-15-2023) direct from DJI. Got the "bike" package for $408, a MicoSD card for $24 and a damage package for one year at $25. No weird auto-billing subscription service like GoPro tries to force on you. I watched a bunch of YT videos and I'm pretty confident I can master this tech.

Since both of my cars run Mento 6 front/rear cameras and one of them has actually witnessed a death, me included had to see this horrible event, I figured why not add a camera to the ebike and my motor scooter. I will update this thread as I receive and learn more about this little action camera.

I use these guys as they are simple and usually last the whole ride on a charge. I don't usually use them on my commutes though its just a hassle removing them eeverytiem I go into a store./

I use these guys as they are simple and usually last the whole ride on a charge. I don't usually use them on my commutes though its just a hassle removing them eeverytiem I go into a store./
I looked at something like that. Pretty nice set-up. I've wanted a action cam for awhile and intend to use it for my commute, and I'll use it for other adventures. My inner Luddite is nervous but I figured out the crazy weird system for my Mento 6 dash cams, so I can figure out anything now! Yikes, that Mento operating system was pure stress. Even the police officer from the crash team was impressed when I showed him how the files worked.

I looked at something like that. Pretty nice set-up. I've wanted a action cam for awhile and intend to use it for my commute, and I'll use it for other adventures. My inner Luddite is nervous but I figured out the crazy weird system for my Mento 6 dash cams, so I can figure out anything now! Yikes, that Mento operating system was pure stress. Even the police officer from the crash team was impressed when I showed him how the files worked.
it works but its a bit of a pain to take the pics off then you have to patch them together as it makes them in increments instead of one big file. but they have audio cues on how they are working and battery levels. but I got one used off of e bay and the other about 1/2 off new on eBay. not sure I would pay full price.

I don't have a computer per say, just a cheap Chrome Book that has been in guest mode since I purchased it years ago. I do everything on the Mento 6 thru my phone as its my only real option. That's another reason why I picked the DJI over the GoPro. GoPro requires you to use their cloud and online site for certain edit functions. I'm used to squinting and cussing at little buttons!

I don't have a computer per say, just a cheap Chrome Book that has been in guest mode since I purchased it years ago. I do everything on the Mento 6 thru my phone as its my only real option. That's another reason why I picked the DJI over the GoPro. GoPro requires you to use their cloud and online site for certain edit functions. I'm used to squinting and cussing at little buttons!
ya mine write on sd cards. I don't keep much video anymore as right now we do the same rides over and over till the weather changes.

Vids and pictures are my favorites.
Some members post long ass documentary but no pics on their ride is plain boring like waiting for Sunday night football.
Anytime I post a picture on this site, or any of the other sites I frequent, I log in thru my phone and upload them from my gallery file. I find that if I just mess around with something I can usually figure it out, then I show my wife how to do the same. I have Android so I can't ask my co-workers because they have Apple products.

Don't worry, I'll practice and post some of the weird stuff I see!

Back