Anti dumping Tariff

I have had a response in regarding sending the batteries out quicker and Cecilia suggested getting it sent by rail so the bike and batteries turn up at the same time, she couldn't guarantee the cost at my end if i had the bike flown over either so suppose i will have to wait 45 days + the 12 weeks i have already waited / so glad its not summer

I have had a response in regarding sending the batteries out quicker and Cecilia suggested getting it sent by rail so the bike and batteries turn up at the same time, she couldn't guarantee the cost at my end if i had the bike flown over either so suppose i will have to wait 45 days + the 12 weeks i have already waited / so glad its not summer
That’s an option I suppose, but not ideal. I’ve had notification that the battery is due for delivery today, that has taken 15 ‘working days’ to arrive after the bike.

That’s an option I suppose, but not ideal. I’ve had notification that the battery is due for delivery today, that has taken 15 ‘working days’ to arrive after the bike.
TBH i have given up, its been 3 months and 3 days up to now and its still not been posted to me, i suppose when it finally arrives it will be like a xmas present haha, once the days have been added up and sending via train it will be about 5 months.

happy your batts are coming at least you can get out on it before the s*it weather kicks in, be good to see what you think about it. i have just bought an Eggrider as well, that arrived yesterday

TBH i have given up, its been 3 months and 3 days up to now and its still not been posted to me, i suppose when it finally arrives it will be like a xmas present haha, once the days have been added up and sending via train it will be about 5 months.

happy your batts are coming at least you can get out on it before the s*it weather kicks in, be good to see what you think about it. i have just bought an Eggrider as well, that arrived yesterday
Hopefully it all arrives ok and I can get a quick peddle in tonight to try it. I’ve advertised my old Stealth Bomber bike as a project for someone and now getting interest from Wolverhampton and the guy wants me to deliver... ffs. Don’t think I fancy that :(

Hopefully it all arrives ok and I can get a quick peddle in tonight to try it. I’ve advertised my old Stealth Bomber bike as a project for someone and now getting interest from Wolverhampton and the guy wants me to deliver... ffs. Don’t think I fancy that :(
sod that then, if i wanted to buy something i would always go to the buyer if i could

Stevie, Hows the bicycle???????????
Hi, it’s been really good. I did a few little tweaks and tightens when I got it , the only slight issue is the dropper post allows the saddle to swivel a tiny little bit, other than that it was spot on.

Ive charged it a couple of times now, and it’s been flawless, obvs the first couple of rides out, have been mainly on level 5 and messing about, but it has been great.

Sure it’s heavy, but I expected that. But it’s lovely to ride in my opinion. I’ve had to trim the bars down a bit, as they were super wide ( my personal preference) and I’ve changed the pedals to ones I had ( also just personal choice) fitted the mud huggers and it’s been great. To be honest the weather hasn’t been great up here but I’m off next week and plan do a couple of longer rides.

The PAS isnt the greatest, but it’s not too bad to be honest, ( after all the posts I thought it would be terrible) and not having the throttle from standstill isn’t as big of an issue as I thought it would be, as it kicks in pretty quick ( half a revolution). I’ll try to connect and program it at the weekend, just to make sure that i can connect, but nothing is immediate. Lights work better than they look, including the rear light, it even works ok as a brake light, even although they both flick on when the brakes are pressed. I topped up the shocks and I think I’ll put more in, as I’m a big guy, and it’s still I bit bouncy for on paths, so I’ve locked them out for now. The shift sensor works well, although it does kick in now and again when on and off kerbs and ridges etc.

In summary I’m really happy, shipping was a pain, Covid made it worse, but now it’s here, very pleased, a few friends have ridden it too and agree for the money, it’s a bargain.
Plenty of power, plenty of fun, and a solid bit of kit, exactly what I was after.

that's quite positive and i am happy you like it, it put me at ease a bit as i have been having the same thoughts you had before you got it, the PAS can be altered to suit so i am sure you can refine this, let me know if after you have ridden it a few time if you think the gear sensor should be taken off as I have heard its better off once you get used to the bike?

I decide to have it flown over but still awaiting confirmation.

be good to hear your thoughts after you have kicked its arse a bit :cool:

Post some pictures of your CC;s when you can. Quick question, does Frey offer a throttle option for the CC's?

check this out for CCs -

sticking with the theme of the title i have just been charged £186 taxes, this is due to having the bike flown over and not shipped via boat

sticking with the theme of the title i have just been charged £186 taxes, this is due to having the bike flown over and not shipped via boat
Are you saying that because it was airfreight rather than sea cargo, you paid the extra in taxes, and they were due to discriminatory tariffs? What's the basis for that, as you understand it.

Just curious.

yes due to me opting for the air freight (to the UK) I was told by Frey it would be around £200 in taxes, I opted for this as I had waited over 14 weeks at the time for my bike, there is a lad on here who was posted the same bike at the same time to the UK but customs charged him around £600? we have both been waiting for batteries now and are coming up on 17 weeks (batteries shipped by other means due to them being dangerous goods)

Hi, it’s been really good. I did a few little tweaks and tightens when I got it , the only slight issue is the dropper post allows the saddle to swivel a tiny little bit, other than that it was spot on.

Ive charged it a couple of times now, and it’s been flawless, obvs the first couple of rides out, have been mainly on level 5 and messing about, but it has been great.

Sure it’s heavy, but I expected that. But it’s lovely to ride in my opinion. I’ve had to trim the bars down a bit, as they were super wide ( my personal preference) and I’ve changed the pedals to ones I had ( also just personal choice) fitted the mud huggers and it’s been great. To be honest the weather hasn’t been great up here but I’m off next week and plan do a couple of longer rides.

The PAS isnt the greatest, but it’s not too bad to be honest, ( after all the posts I thought it would be terrible) and not having the throttle from standstill isn’t as big of an issue as I thought it would be, as it kicks in pretty quick ( half a revolution). I’ll try to connect and program it at the weekend, just to make sure that i can connect, but nothing is immediate. Lights work better than they look, including the rear light, it even works ok as a brake light, even although they both flick on when the brakes are pressed. I topped up the shocks and I think I’ll put more in, as I’m a big guy, and it’s still I bit bouncy for on paths, so I’ve locked them out for now. The shift sensor works well, although it does kick in now and again when on and off kerbs and ridges etc.

In summary I’m really happy, shipping was a pain, Covid made it worse, but now it’s here, very pleased, a few friends have ridden it too and agree for the money, it’s a bargain.
Plenty of power, plenty of fun, and a solid bit of kit, exactly what I was after.
Hi Stevie,I live in the uk but concerned about a dumping tax.Do Frey sort all that out ?

Hi, yeah they sorted it all out, I paid the taxes just after it arrived via the shipping company. Other than that it was all good.
Sounds fantastic thanks.I’m in contact with Grace at Frey,so I just tell her what I want and she does the rest?I would want air freight for hopefully a fairly quick deliver.It would be delivered straight to my home?

Sounds fantastic thanks.I’m in contact with Grace at Frey,so I just tell her what I want and she does the rest?I would want air freight for hopefully a fairly quick deliver.It would be delivered straight to my home?
Yeah, I did the same, stuck up a message thread on Alibaba, agreed what spec I wanted and extras etc. (,pics are up here somewhere) I agreed on shipping, paid through Alibaba.com, she kept me updated I was offered an cost option upgrade to air freight, which I took then they tracked it, and it turned up at my door. 2 things to be mindful of. 1. The tax bill comes from the couriers after delivery, mine was about £200 ( check above for exact amount), one person did get stung for a much higher amount, though I don’t think this is the norm. 2. The batteries are shipped separately and tend to take longer to arrive, as they seem to stick in Germany or Hungary etc. But they turn up in the end.
Over all. (Including the longer wait due to Covid) im very happy, I used it every week, I’m a big guy, with limited skills so it gets a bit of a hard time, and works great. The crank arm did fall off, but that was entirely my fault as I never checked it or retorqued it. And It still managed to get me home for 5-6 miles round town on electric alone.

Yeah, I did the same, stuck up a message thread on Alibaba, agreed what spec I wanted and extras etc. (,pics are up here somewhere) I agreed on shipping, paid through Alibaba.com, she kept me updated I was offered an cost option upgrade to air freight, which I took then they tracked it, and it turned up at my door. 2 things to be mindful of. 1. The tax bill comes from the couriers after delivery, mine was about £200 ( check above for exact amount), one person did get stung for a much higher amount, though I don’t think this is the norm. 2. The batteries are shipped separately and tend to take longer to arrive, as they seem to stick in Germany or Hungary etc. But they turn up in the end.
Over all. (Including the longer wait due to Covid) im very happy, I used it every week, I’m a big guy, with limited skills so it gets a bit of a hard time, and works great. The crank arm did fall off, but that was entirely my fault as I never checked it or retorqued it. And It still managed to get me home for 5-6 miles round town on electric alone.
That’s really helpful thank you.Being very rude how much did you pay on top of the price of the bike ie shipping taxes,customs?Wont be offended if you don’t want to say.If I wanted to ride it on the road ,not that I would of course,but if I did ,maybe just to check it out ,would it look out of place with 250watts bikes?

Back