An E-bike With A Quiet Motor

bbrebis

Region
Europe
Hi all!
I need an e-bike for touring over days or weeks, so fitted with a battery with a long life. Today, I've just tested the Riese and Muller Charger 4. It's an excellent bike, I loved it, apart from one thing: the noise of its Bosch Gen4 CX motor. I don't think I can get used to it.
So I'm back on the market for an e-bike with a quiet motor. Any suggestion? Thank you.
Cheers

Stromers with their rear hub motor are whisper quiet and they have a 983 wH battery available for huge range.
Where are you located?
Any Stromer dealer nearby to test one?

I recently did a 72 mile group ride and only used 42% of battery so they are very efficient.
I normally ride by myself with more E assist/ faster which yields less miles but still awesome range.

Attachments

• CD3F557E-E934-40DE-96C9-5C914408E94E.jpeg
    CD3F557E-E934-40DE-96C9-5C914408E94E.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 239
Thank you for your message. The prices are too steep for my budget unfortunately. I would prefer a central motor.

Thank you for your message. The prices are too steep for my budget unfortunately. I would prefer a central motor.
The Brose motor is gonna be the quietest of the mid drives out there for a full power system, much quieter than the bosch performance cx. Bosch does have some quieter motors too, their active line is not too loud at all if you are okay with a lower power system.

Hi all!
I need an e-bike for touring over days or weeks, so fitted with a battery with a long life. Today, I've just tested the Riese and Muller Charger 4. It's an excellent bike, I loved it, apart from one thing: the noise of its Bosch Gen4 CX motor. I don't think I can get used to it.
So I'm back on the market for an e-bike with a quiet motor. Any suggestion? Thank you.
Cheers
The "internally geared hub" motors are going to be the quietest.
You can buy a kit for very little cash and install it easily .
I regularly sneak up on wildlife, deer, cranes, turtles, birds, cats, dogs, you name it.

I ride geared hub motors on a 30 mile route twice 30 weeks a year. I can hardly hear them. I've had ebikeling, Mac12t, and now bafang 36 v 500 w. Direct drive motors are quieter yet, but waste watthours climbing hills slowly or accelerating from traffic controls. Like twice the electricity used on my 30 mile route than the ebikeling 1300 w geared hub motor, and the mac12t used 1/3 less than that. I crossed 66 hills on 24 miles in the DD motor days. I'm up to 80 hills and 30 miles now for less interaction with 70 mph traffic - especially dump trucks & camper trailers. The mac12t was the fastest. If I used a lot of electricity and didn't pedal unpowered much I could make the 30 miles in 2.3 hours.

Last edited:
Oh no, let’s hope this thread doesn’t digress into the pros and cons of Brose motors.
The op just wants to know of some quiet motors.

Hi all!
Cheers
How much range do you need?

A Specialized full power e-bike (Vado, Como, Tero). The failure rate of Specialized/Brose motors is the matter of long past. For one, I ride a 2017 Vado and no issues for 13,000 km.

Just got a Tern HSD P9 with Bosch midmotor. Very nice ride and very quiet. And it's already set up for "hauling stuff daily".

My rides will usually be 80 to 120 km long.
Ok then, my bike (Ride1UP Roadster v2 with extended battery, ~$1500 total) is not appropriate. it's almost silent with belt drive and 350w rear hub, but typical range ~60-80 km. I've done as much as 150km, but this was with all out effort to hypermile and I was completely exhausted by the end.

Back