Alt Water Bottle Holder

I think this would mess with my Feng Shui, lol. Buy a clamp on water bottle holder from EBay and find a place it will fit , or a holder that goes behind the saddle. Any extra weight and off center weight on the handle bars is a recipe for disaster, imho.

I love the Two Fish strap-on water bottle holder. It's made of stainless steel, has a wide Velcro strap, came with a bottle, and I got it from Amazon for under twenty bucks with free shipping.
The rubber block is curved for conventional tubes, but it works a treat with the squared-off top tube on my Optibike. You can mount it wherever you have some free space.
Here's a picture:

DSC08987.jpg

Allen

For the 2nd time, my water bottle, mounted on my handlebars, went flying off the bike after hitting a bump. I had to stop and go back and get the bottle. And now the top/cap is shattered so I have to replace that. This was not a cheap bottle -- it's one of those insulated polar bottles.

I tell people I don't drink water; fish have sex in it!
But actually it's good for you and a must if you're riding a bike; even an eBike.
Having the bottle fly off into the bushes would so not work for me. That's never happened with the Two Fish bottle holder. (But wait; what's with that name?)
Allen

I love the Two Fish strap-on water bottle holder. It's made of stainless steel, has a wide Velcro strap, came with a bottle, and I got it from Amazon for under twenty bucks with free shipping.
The rubber block is curved for conventional tubes, but it works a treat with the squared-off top tube on my Optibike. You can mount it wherever you have some free space.
Here's a picture:

View attachment 3387
Allen

Good placement, or you could also go with something under the cross bar for about $4.00 on ebay which works well, see my picture for more details. On top of the cross bar, ouchhh! on the privates when you have to stop or get off the saddle in a hurry, not much room to spare there. On the handle bars water bottle holders will definitely mess with your Feng Shui and safety, imo.

Last edited:
Have to try your WB cage out, @Rick Huizinga , maybe with the battery pack there the bottles are more secure. I used to use a dual WB system like this but on bumpy roads the bottles would come loose. Left more than a couple of precious water bottles rolling off to the side of the road on a hot day. :)

Have to try your WB cage out, @Rick Huizinga , maybe with the battery pack there the bottles are more secure. I used to use a dual WB system like this but on bumpy roads the bottles would come loose. Left more than a couple of precious water bottles rolling off to the side of the road on a hot day. :)
I've read reviews on Amazon saying that people have had water bottles fly out of this cage, but I have not had this problem. I've been using Camelbak Podium bottles and they are very snugly held in place. They are not going anywhere, and require a good firm pull to remove the bottle from the cage. P.s. I bought the shorter Camelbak Podium bottles so they wouldn't hang out too far.

When I started riding my new bike last month I didn't have a water bottle cage mounting solution for it as is the case with many ebikes. After all we are cheating, so why do we need water anyway. I have a threadsert tool but didn't want to drill the frame on a brand new bike, warrantee and all that. So I went shopping!

There are a few bike accessory companies that seem to always meet or exceed my expectations every time, Topeak is one of them. They make this alternative:

It works on horizontal or vertical tubes of most shapes and sizes and available at Amazon for $5.53, dirt cheap for how well it works.

I had my doubts it would be strong and secure enough, but after a few hundred miles of trail and road riding I can assure all, it is! I did have other challenges with space given the hydroformed frame of my bike:

b gage.jpg

I also could not use my favorite Topeak adjustable bottle cage since the bottle would be up very close to the top tube and the down tube battery. I needed a cage where the bottle could be removed and inserted easily from the side, so I purchased this Zefal side mount cage (also available at Amazon-$6.36):
611H%2Bfl0M7L._SX425_.jpg

Cage can be mounted for left or right hand use.

The set is rock-solid and doesn't rattle, shake or move! Mostly due to the mount, it's a mechanical, stainless steel strap and buckle, that can be cranked really tight and is only covered with a very tough plastic. The great thing is it doesn't leave a mark on the bike! I'm very pleased with this system.

Allen

Thanks! That looks perfect for my Ui5 which does not have round tubes. I just ordered one.

I use a Relevate Designs Feedbag for my handlebar water bottle. It works great, holds the bottle securely and it easy to open and close with just one hand.

Back