Allant 8/9.9 Pannier

tungsten

What panniers are you running on your Allant rear combo fender/rack (I think they're the same on the 8 and the 9.9)? I've got an old Arkel bag that I love, but the elastic cord that holds the J-hook is too long and it doesn't clip into the rack tautly.

What panniers are you running on your Allant rear combo fender/rack (I think they're the same on the 8 and the 9.9)? I've got an old Arkel bag that I love, but the elastic cord that holds the J-hook is too long and it doesn't clip into the rack tautly.
I purchased the ortlieb 15L panniers from the trek store I bought my allant8s from. Just enough space for me but I wish I went for the 25L instead. Keep in mind since it's a solid fork on the allant 8 front panniers are also an option if you need lots of space.

sorry correction- the carbon solid fork on the 9.9 doesn't take front panniers.

Last edited:
On the 9.9s I'm using the Ortlieb Sport Packer Plus as partially seen in these pics:
20200325_AllantJaunt.jpgAllant9.9s_E.jpg:

I commute to work. I'm using the Ortlieb Back-Roller Classic Panniers. They attach/detach very easily and hold whatever I need. I also bought the optional inserts for them. Here's the dimensions - [height x width x depth] 16.5 x 9 - 12 x 12.6in trek bike.jpg

I'm using these Ortlieb panniers from REI. They are awesome for my purposes. Using them to run errands will eventually use them for commuting to work (once the office opens back up).

Love my Ortlieb back roller classics. Have had them for over a decade and 15,000+ miles (24,000+ km) and they still look new. Driving Rain? No problem!

They essentially a big dry bag. There are no external packets and only one small internal pocket. So if you like or need lots of pockets for micro-organizing, they might not be for you. But I've never needed lots of pockets. They are excellent panniers!

Last edited:
Just curious, does anyone know how much weight the Allant 9.9/8 rack/fender is designed to carry? Utilizing the fender as the 3rd stability "leg" scares me a bit...

I have the Ortlieb back roller classics, I have loaded 1.5 cases of beer in them on my brewery runs. Have not checked the overall weight but they handled it fine and the ride was not negatively impacted. I love being able to make beer, grocery and other shopping runs that I would have otherwise hopped in a car. The only hassle I have had was trying to pick up prescriptions via the drive through. Seems I can do it on my motorcycle but not on an ebike.

Back