Allant +7 headlight

lndpnt

Just picked up a new Allant+7.. The manual says to simply hold + and the lights will turn off... only they don't. Sometimes I want to ride stealth. Any workaround for this? Thanks

Wow, finally another Allant+7 owner! Congrats!
I’ve tried to shut mine off but haven’t been able to yet, not that its a major issue to me. I’ll be watching to see if you get it done. You’ll have to show some pictures. Good luck!

Yeah what a great bike! I discovered it rides amazingly well with no power too! Just a little fancy for my neighborhood.. rather not draw more attention with lights.. On main roads no problem. I ride a motorcycle with three headlights on high beam during the day. I'm thinking I could simply add a switch. I'll let you know. Thanks.

I too just picked up an Allant +7S and couldn't get the headlights to turn off. I also understand that very soon a firmware update for the CX motor should give it a little torque boost. When I take it in for the firmware update I will ask them about the lights if they could fix that inside the internal software.

I'm looking for a bag that has a low profile that can sit on top of the back rack, and possibly mount my garmin radar light to it.. Any suggestions?

Being able to turn the lights on and off is something that has to be set in the shop when the bike is on the Bosch dongle/computer set up mode. The integrated light cable attaches at the motor and you can specify the voltage as well as always on mode or switchable on and off at the Bosch Controller. The new firmware upgrade that boosts the torque from 75 to 85 Nm hould be available within the next few weeks. When it is call the shop, schedule the firmware update and ask them to enable the light switch while they are at it.

Here is a video showing how to switch the lights on and off with a Purion controller/display

Yeah what a great bike! I discovered it rides amazingly well with no power too! Just a little fancy for my neighborhood.. rather not draw more attention with lights.. On main roads no problem. I ride a motorcycle with three headlights on high beam during the day. I'm thinking I could simply add a switch. I'll let you know. Thanks.
I just got home from a very hot and humid morning ride!🥵
So far I’ve ridden the vast majority of the time with motor off. The hills are almost always motor on.
Yeah my Allant+7 is a bit fancy for my town, let alone my neighborhood! The light stays on for now till I get the update I guess but that’s ok by me.
I’m very glad there are some more A+7s out there!😎

I too just picked up an Allant +7S and couldn't get the headlights to turn off. I also understand that very soon a firmware update for the CX motor should give it a little torque boost. When I take it in for the firmware update I will ask them about the lights if they could fix that inside the internal software.

I'm looking for a bag that has a low profile that can sit on top of the back rack, and possibly mount my garmin radar light to it.. Any suggestions?
Yeah I'm having trouble finding Racktime bags.. They seem to be behind on production. I'll use a backpack till then.

Thanks Alaskan, That's good news. I'll bring the bike in for the free 30 day tune and hopefully they can upgrade then. Saw the how to in the manual, just doesn't work. Lane

Yeah I'm having trouble finding Racktime bags.. They seem to be behind on production. I'll use a backpack till then.
I’ve yet to really need a pannier but I use a Topeak under seat bag for phone/keys/etc.

Attachments

• E1BDE5FF-B25E-499A-9EDE-11B3E1D15A16.png
    E1BDE5FF-B25E-499A-9EDE-11B3E1D15A16.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 692
I’ve yet to really need a pannier but I use a Topeak under seat bag for phone/keys/etc.
I use a Topeak Fast Fuel X Dry bag on my Allant+9.9s It keeps the small items I need close at hand, fits on the Allant top tube nicely and looks great on the bike.

1AKm75QrhqIEujHP2UgbONRlF6ntjPqU4.jpg

I have a Brooks Isle of Wight saddle bag for tools, spare tube, etc.

DSCF0241.jpg

Last edited:
Nice setup there! That Topeak fits well. The Allant+7 comes with the Racktime mount, but most of the bags I like are backordered. Is that a stock seat post? I assume it has suspension?

Nice setup there! That Topeak fits well. The Allant+7 comes with the Racktime mount, but most of the bags I like are backordered. Is that a stock seat post? I assume it has suspension?
Thanks, Yes the seatpost is a Kinekt Body Float.

I also replaced the stock handlebar with the Baramind shock absorbing handlebar.

The combination really smooths out the ride.

Thanks, Yes the seatpost is a Kinekt Body Float.

I also replaced the stock handlebar with the Baramind shock absorbing handlebar.

The combination really smooths out the ride.
Thanks for this info.. I was looking into the seat posts.. An awful big range of concepts and pricing.. The A+7 has front suspension so no need for handlebar shocks 😃 But I want a seat damper for sure. I'll see if I can pull up any threads here.

Finally registered so I can post here.
Just purchased an Allant+ 7S a couple of weeks ago. Love it so far.
As for the Racktime stuff. The solution is simple. Racktime makes an adapter you can search for it on Amazon.
The adapter can be fitted to the bottom of almost any rack mount bag.
If you have a Bontrager bag it as as simple as unscrewing the Bontrager bracket on the bottom and installing the Racktime adapter.
It's a solid as can be and actually I think the Bontrager bag is a better one anyway.

Attachments

• Racktime Adapter.jpg
    Racktime Adapter.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 504
As for the Racktime stuff. The solution is simple. Racktime makes an adapter you can search for it on Amazon.
If you have a Bontrager bag it as as simple as unscrewing the Bontrager bracket on the bottom and installing the Racktime adapter.
It's a solid as can be and actually I think the Bontrager bag is a better one anyway.
Very cool. I didn't realize those adapted to different brands.. I thought it was odd they were selling them along side Racktime bags that already had the attach brackets. Thanks..

Looks a bit flimsy. Got a picture of how you're using it?

Looks a bit flimsy. Got a picture of how you're using it?

I can get a picture of it tonight.
It is not flimsy. It is actually as sturdy as the one that comes on the Bontrager bag.
The picture of the Racktime bracket doesn't really show much. The Racktime bracket comes with hardware enabling it to be attached to the bottom of any rack mount bag. Most bags have a rigid or semi-rigid bottom with slotted holes and once the racktime bracket is fastened underneath it is as sturdy and solid as most other bag systems.

Attachments

• 71D08171-4A4B-425E-BE5D-E274A3209602.jpeg
    71D08171-4A4B-425E-BE5D-E274A3209602.jpeg
    508.5 KB · Views: 466
  • 11001B37-5441-414B-90BD-8F4783CFD67F.jpeg
    11001B37-5441-414B-90BD-8F4783CFD67F.jpeg
    476.4 KB · Views: 455
  • CFC21889-DE68-4423-AC0F-47364D641C23.jpeg
    CFC21889-DE68-4423-AC0F-47364D641C23.jpeg
    242.7 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:
It is not flimsy. It is actually as sturdy as the one that comes on the Bontrager bag.
The picture of the Racktime bracket doesn't really show much. The Racktime bracket comes with hardware enabling it to be attached to the bottom of any rack mount bag. Most bags have a rigid or semi-rigid bottom with slotted holes and once the racktime bracket is fastened underneath it is as sturdy and solid as most other bag systems.
Bump

Thanks!

BTW fellow Allant +7 owners, what tire pressure do you generally run in your Schwalbe G-Ones?

Back