Age demography for members.

Age bracket

• Total voters
At 67, I'm an old fart and have no trouble admitting that! Gives me all kind of rights I couldn't enjoy earlier. Like the right to be grouchy for instance....

I'm 74 years old and feel like I'm 65 or so. I just finished converting and Huffy 10 speed bike to a Bafang mid mount electric. Took it for a run down the road yesterday and worked great! The only thing I dislike is the mens bike with the high top bar trying to get my leg over the darn thing! Got to get a bike with the bar on the lower side!

Bigfoot, I learned that lesson the hard way too. I'm 6'2" so I bought a brand new Schwinn 29'er mountain bike for my first conversion - now collecting dust.

71 going on 72 and grateful for the advent of the e-bike! I'm not able to keep up the pace I did on my conventional MTB just a few years ago.

I'm 74 years old and feel like I'm 65 or so. I just finished converting and Huffy 10 speed bike to a Bafang mid mount electric. Took it for a run down the road yesterday and worked great! The only thing I dislike is the mens bike with the high top bar trying to get my leg over the darn thing! Got to get a bike with the bar on the lower side!

I had the same issue mounting my Radrover (6'3" with 420mm seatpost). I felt like an Olympic hurdler trying to step over the top bar or swing my leg over from the back. I got into the habit of tilting the ebike towards me around 45 degree angle and swing my leg over to mount/dismount.

I put +5600 miles on my two ebikes in the last two years and maybe 200 feet on my old pedal bike during that same time. Really thinking about adding a mid-drive to the Transeo GT XL pedal bike and using my spare battery from my Radrover.

62 now. Grew up on bikes, then motorcycles.

Then long periods of no bicycling at all. Recently I was resigned to the obvious conclusion that my wife and I weren't gonna ride any more.

Then I took a gamble. Spent $4500 for two e-bikes knowing that they might collect dust.

We've been riding almost every day. Winter's coming so that will change some.

mrgold, I'll have to try your method of mounting/dismounting. I do the opposite. I turn 90 deg. to face the bike, then I lean back a bit and tilt the bike away from me until I run out of arm. Then kick the leg up and pull the bike underneath. So far I've been doing this freestyle, but thinking about leaning back against the car for extra security.

My solution to getting on the bike was buying a bike with a dropper seatpost and the correct frame size. I am 5,6" with a 30" inseam. With the seat lowered, I can sit on the seat with my feet on the ground. One I start riding, I can raise the seat to the height I want. I set it high for all out pedaling and lower it when going down hill. Other riders have made a similar comment.

I am 68 years old. I still ride my other e-bike without a dropper seat post but the seat never seems to be a comfortable height.

No one under 40 ? :eek:
I don't think the "under 40" crowd participates in forums very much. I follow several forums in different interest groups, and in all of them most of the members seem to be "seniors". That said, it is no surprise to me that e-bikes have a great appeal to us older folks.

Back