Aftermarket pannier rack for CCS

Stizz19

Hi there I recently purchased the CCS and I am not a fan of the rear rack. I want to be able to put this on the back and according to Juiced themselves the rack is only rated for 20lbs (which i doubt very much). Either way I find the rack too short and when i put panniers on my heel is always making contact. Anyone here have any luck with an aftermarket rack? I tried to use my old one but i have to bend the bars out too much to fit over the mounting holes. I need one that is rated 50lbs or more.

I am new here and agree with your assessment of the rack. With some minor modifications, drilled 4 mounting holes, I mounted an Axiom fat tire rack to my CCS. It's an improvement for my needs, ymmv with that seat. Rated at 50 lbs. I'll post photos if you're interested.

I have long legs and didn't have any heel strike with the biggest pannier I could find (Banjo Brothers Market Pannier). I used wire hose clamps to keep it in place, and shove it as far back as possible.

Plus you could try moving your saddle forward a little and see if pedaling still feels good.

1561156172099.png

Hi there I recently purchased the CCS and I am not a fan of the rear rack. I want to be able to put this on the back and according to Juiced themselves the rack is only rated for 20lbs (which i doubt very much). Either way I find the rack too short and when i put panniers on my heel is always making contact. Anyone here have any luck with an aftermarket rack? I tried to use my old one but i have to bend the bars out too much to fit over the mounting holes. I need one that is rated 50lbs or more.
So I have big feet (my bike shoes are size 47) and had trouble with heel strikes. I was able to adjust the stock juiced rack to make plenty of clearance. I pushed the top mount bracket to the frame all the way forward, pushing the rack back. This also required me to raise the height adjustment mounting bolts to the center hole. I will post pics of my setup. Hope it helps. I have definitely had far more than 20 lbs in my bags without any problems btw.

Attachments

• 20190622_201041.jpg
    20190622_201041.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 581
  • 20190622_201031.jpg
    20190622_201031.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 594
  • 20190622_200955.jpg
    20190622_200955.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 566
  • 20190622_200945.jpg
    20190622_200945.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 582
The best aftermarket rack that would fit a CC would be one designed for a fat tire bike due to the width of the frame mounts. Since the OP wants to mount a child seat there first and have foot clearance for a pannier second, I won't further state my solution. I would lose sleep if any harm came to a child due to my suggestion. I would prefer to see children in a dedicated trailer with a flag on it for improved visibility. I posted my suggestion before following the link that the OP provided. I apologize for that.

I have an MTX rack on my original Cross Current. They have adjustable rails so that you can push the rack farther back. They also sell longer rails although those might cause the rack to be angled down if you used them on the Cross Current.

Back