After market Pedals

James

Hey guys!

Just installed some sweet DeFacto's on my bike. Check out the pics:

straightline-pedals-on-stromer.jpg

Nice white

straightline-components-white-pedals.jpg

Like any stock pedals the st1 are pretty lightly made (not cheap, but not what I want). Anyway these bad boys should help with the pedal burn I was feeling!

Those are awesome James! I'm also a fan of upgrading pedals and tend to lean towards white as well. These things look crisp! Extra wide and extra grippy for powering around and looking fresh... I've never heard of the Straitline brand before but they look really cool, Normally I go with the Wellgo MG-1 Magnesium pedals which are a decent price on Amazon.

wellgo-mg-1-magnesium-pedals.jpg

They're also available in silver, black and red depending on how you want to match your bike. I love pedals... and just realized this must be how girls feel about shoes o_O

Hey guys!
Like any stock pedals the st1 are pretty lightly made (not cheap, but not what I want). Anyway these bad boys should help with the pedal burn I was feeling!
James,

Instead of starting new threads for each posts, it would be a better data management if we could use a single thread so that people can follow the logic and flow.
Since you started this thread, can we keep this thread open for pedals? may be you can change the title to "Pedals" so that everything related to pedals can be linked to this specific thread. :)

I read about the Straitline performance line, these are premium pedals and cost quite a lot. I was looking at few other alternatives....

Recently, I started thinking of getting better pedals as you know the stock ones are not the best. I zeroed in on two of them...
  1. Shimano Saint PD-MX80 (high cost, excellent reviews)
    Shimano Saint.jpg

2. Wellgo MG-1 Magnesium Pedals, as Court mentioned (moderate cost, very good reviews)
Any inputs and feedback?

I just received and installed the Wellgo MG-1 pedals in titanium. Unfortunately the temps have not risen above 20 degrees so no test ride yet. They appear very well made, lighter then the originals, larger as well. Hope to give them a workout this weekend.

Ravi, those are some sweet pedals. I think for the price though, the Wellgos are hard to beat. I think I paid $36.00 for mine, and they really feel like a quality item. Should get into the 30's on Saturday, so I will be able to try them out along with the Selle saddle. This weather is killing me!!

Ravi, those are some sweet pedals. I think for the price though, the Wellgos are hard to beat. I think I paid $36.00

Hi Dave,
I also ordered the same yesterday night. :)
This summer will be lot more fun for us with an ebike.

Hey guys,

Congrats on the purchases! I forgot to mention in my first post one of the main factors that made me lean towards the Straitline pedals was the fact they are Canadian made!

I've been using Shimano M530 spd pedals. which are great as a light trail and everyday road pedal, but not they don't cut it when the going gets wet and sticky as the flats don't have enough grip.

Now that I have the Haibike, I shall fit them to that, then buy another set of more aggressive flat/spd ones for the BH.

I really love using spd's but they can have their issue as I have found out many times, when I've ended up on my backside off road. I also took a very heavy tumble on my very first ride using them, as mud had got wedged into the cleat, and I pulled up at a dual carriageway, only to find that I couldn't release my foot and went down big time. A driver on the opposite carriage way saw me fall and was kind enough to turn around and check that I was okay, and to get me off the bike!

Back