After 14,000 miles and 4 yrs, I'm buying my second ebike (Goodbye Pedego Ridge Rider...Hello Surface604 Quad)

RCG

The Pedego Ridge Rider has been a great bike (rode >14,000 miles in 4 years). I even thought about buying another one, but at $4,495 USD I felt like the technology and design hasn't evolved enough to substantiate that price (I paid $3,495 USD in 2017). I looked at a lot of bikes and I was hesitant buying direct. I went to many bike shops and watched hundred's of reviews. I primarily ride on streets and dirt trails. I like going quickly, but don't need to go much over 20 mph. It's hard for me to pay much more that $3000 USD for a bike, so that was around the price point I was looking. After seeing a Surface 604 Shred I decided that was the bike for me.....unfortunately the large size was out of stock which forced me to buy the Quad (they are very similar bikes). I had reviewed the Quad and thought that I was a little old for all that bling (but what do I know) and didn't think the small component differences would matter.

I received my Quad!!! My first impression is very positive. I feel like I need to get a few hundred miles out of it before I can really comment. The motor is quiet and relatively powerful for 500W. the frame is solid and large (make sure you get the right size). The components (brakes, derailleur, screen) are of good quality and everything is working well. I purchased the 20Amp Battery and now I have no concerns about running low.

You need to make some assembly and adjustments but most of this is fairly straightforward. The bike is beautiful.....the one only thing is that the large battery hangs out on one side. I should note that Surface ships the battery separately and it did not arrive on the same day of the bike. Although it's noted I failed to pick up on that.

I'm going for a ride now. Will follow up later. :)

I am learning to repair my own bike and being less dependent on bike shops.

I'm also a Pedego owner, we have three, and have been very happy with the Product. I've been looking at other bikes as well for the last year or so and would very much like your opinions of the new Quad.

Welcome to the forum and please keep us updated!

We owned two Pedegos (2015 Commuter and Ridge Rider) and we're very happy to be rid of both of them. They were fine for the first couple of years, but after that both were plagued with electrical issues.

After 200 Miles, I continue to be very happy with my Surface 604 Quad. The bike is solid and has good overall quality. The bike is slightly faster than my Pedigo Ridge Rider but I miss the 2 front sprokets. The Quad can get up and go on flat levels and can climb too, but your legs are spinning once you hit 20 mph or more. I never have to worry about range anxiety with my new battery but the indicator is not giving me perfect feedback with the percent (I am trying to test the voltage measurement to see if works better). The components are very solid and when I change gears I am effortlessly moving from low speeds to high. The motor is very quiet (the Ridge Rider was quiet too, but I believe the Quad wins first place). Many writers talk about "SUV" bikes and I really feel that Surface 604 Quad/Shred bikes are in the classification. I enjoy both trail and street riding and I can virtually go anywhere (this bike is not made for competition mountain biking). The throttle gets me back after a long ride or when I just want to take a break. I love the styling of the Quad and I get many compliments and looks. The Ridge Rider needs an update and it's overpriced for what you are getting.

Back