Affordable Ebike hitch rack?

Locobill

Region
USA
After researching online I guess there isn’t any affordable hitch racks available. They seem to start at $400 and go up from there. Anyone found anything better?

Lots of racks in the world. Lots of EBR reviews.

There's a big selection of in-stock racks on Amazon. If you don't want to support them, I'd understand.

Check out etrailer.com. They have a good selection, but more useful reviews and tools to help choose a rack.
I purchased my 1 1/4 inch receiver hitch mount from them and it was an interesting DIY, but everything came out just the way I wanted. Good company with a very large selection. They also have good expert opinions in this area on their website. Good Luck with your purchase.

Unfortunately, it is sold out everywhere!
Why would you expect the members of the forum to know what's in stock? They can only tell you what the product is like. Your LBS can tell you what they have in stock, as can Amazon, or REI, or Wal-Mart.

After researching online I guess there isn’t any affordable hitch racks available. They seem to start at $400 and go up from there. Anyone found anything better?
Since I normally only move one ebike at a time, I bought a cheap folding hitch rack for 2 bikes (Sport Rack Crest 2 Locking) on sale for $150, and just use the one set of fat tire hoops. I removed the other set and the second brace to make it a little lighter and less junk in the way.

That's one budget option, but unfortunately there are few options below that $300-400 mark for two heavy ebikes. Certainly if you want gravel road durability.

Another possible option is a Princess Auto dirt bike carrier which can also be had for 100-150 on sale (and weight capacity up to 500lb), but are not quite as simple to use since they don't have a typical upright brace.

I have something in a similar vein, a bit more substantial. My problem with it is hoisting an ebike
on or off of it without droppin´ the dam thing.
Manageable but same difficulty here. When I feel like spending more $, I’ll get one with a ramp.

The cradles for the bike wheels are separate for the referenced rack, so I’m still not able to just roll the bike completely unto the rack, even with a self-made ramp.

I’m still able to lift my heavy ebike now. But, that won’t be forever. :D

The cradles for the bike wheels are separate for the referenced rack, so I’m still not able to just roll the bike completely unto the rack, even with a self-made ramp.

It's like a race ... can the manufacturers make the ebikes lighter faster than our aging bodies get weaker ?

It's like a race ... can the manufacturers make the ebikes lighter faster than our aging bodies get weaker ?
Why am I laughing? That´s not funny.

Yeah, I still lift mine too, but I really don´t need the exercise

Haven't use the ramp on my Thule yet, but expect the day will come when I will need to.
I like the Thule Easy Fold rack, but each time I use it I cannot stop from worrying that the thing will come off and leave behind a tangled mess of metal and hopefully not cause an accident behind me. I find it interesting how cars seem to keep their distance behind me, almost as if they fear the same thing....
On a related subject, even though my stop and turn signals are visible through the bikes, I inquired about adding wiring to my hitch - opted to pass as parts and labor + $ 400 !

Back