Advice on new Ebike

Dfstarman

I have a Eflow E3 Nitro which I love it has regen braking, throttle, torque sensor .
Unfortunately I developed arthritis in my hip and I can no longer swing my leg over the bike so I am selling it with only ~900 miles on it.

So I am looking at an a stepthru .

My possible's that I have narrowed down to are the Evelo Galaxy ST(has a throttle and torque sensor. Disadvantage rear battery , speed wobble., has Nuvinci and Belt drive.
Reise and Muller also has Nuvinvi and Belt drive and Kalkhoff again belt drive and internally geared .

I am also considering the old St1 Platinum step thru as I really like the ride on those but they have the older chain drives.

Non but the Evelo have a throttle which admittedly I use very infrequently.

Any advice would be appreciated

Biktrix Stunner would be a great choice! BBS02B mid-drive, 7-speed Shimano IGH, great battery, throttle and PAS.

The BBS is also integrated into frame for a sleeker and more rugged layout. This is a super fun bike to ride (one of my favourites from Biktrix).

Thanks That was a good choice but I went in another direction with a Piaggio Wi-bike Comfort Plus model , I am waiting for it to arrive.
Mid drive-Belt drive , Nuvinci CVT transmission.

The Riese & Muller Nevo may be worth a look. It is super stable and rigid for a low-step bike. The bike has tons of options including a Nuvinci hub paired with a Gates belt drive, making it super easy to operate and maintain. You can also equip the bike with wider rims and tires for a more stable and comfortable ride; this option will have the moniker "GT". The bike comes standard with an extremely reliable Bosch Performance Line CX mid-drive motor and you can opt to get the Performance Line HS that can top out at 28mph. This bike is built to last upwards of 10+ yrs with exception of the battery, which has an average lifespan of 3-5yrs.

I have a Eflow E3 Nitro which I love it has regen braking, throttle, torque sensor .
Unfortunately I developed arthritis in my hip and I can no longer swing my leg over the bike so I am selling it with only ~900 miles on it.

So I am looking at an a stepthru .

My possible's that I have narrowed down to are the Evelo Galaxy ST(has a throttle and torque sensor. Disadvantage rear battery , speed wobble., has Nuvinci and Belt drive.
Reise and Muller also has Nuvinvi and Belt drive and Kalkhoff again belt drive and internally geared .

I am also considering the old St1 Platinum step thru as I really like the ride on those but they have the older chain drives.

Non but the Evelo have a throttle which admittedly I use very infrequently.

Any advice would be appreciated
While you are waiting for your next ebike, you might as well try this mounting method on the youtube which is the second (2nd) one, the under-and-up method.
If you have a rear rack, you might also want to remove it for better clearance in case you want to swing your leg backward again.

Last edited:
Back