Hello from Folsom, CA!

tgianco

Region
USA
City
Folsom, CA
Have owned the original Himiway Cruiser since early 2020. It's been a great bike... fast, powerful and a powerful battery for longer rides.
Now in my early 50s, looking to upgrade... somewhat. I definitely want a step-through (not as nimble as I once was) and am thinking about a mid-drive motor, possibly with a Gates belt-drive, a torque sensor, that will ride a distance but also has good torque for hills. Considering Himiway Zebra Pro, Rambler Pro, Aventon Aventure2, Evelo Omega, Ride1Up Prodigy V2 w/ CVT... really torn.

See this thread https://forums.electricbikereview.com/threads/replace-torque-sensor-bearings.55160/unread
about the hassle aventon gave an owner about his problem. Also Aventon has 172 posts on known problems thread. They have a large market share as a denominator, but that total is up there. I do not own one and have no personal experience. Only Rad is worse at 275 posts. By contrast Ride1up has 85 (they did change their name 3 years ago) and blix has 1.

@indianajo I test rode the Aventon Aventure2 today... loved the ride. However, I couldn't read the display with my polarized sunglasses, and then, when i did take my sunglasses off (while riding, no less), I had to get real close to see what level of assist I was using. I was talking with another couple who were riding them, too, and they had the same issue (the only issue, but being able to read the display is kind of important).

I couldn't read the display with my polarized sunglasses, and then, when i did take my sunglasses off (while riding, no less), I had to get real close to see what level of assist I was using. I was talking with another couple who were riding them, too, and they had the same issue (the only issue, but being able to read the display is kind of important).
Common problem with polarized glasses and electronic displays. Tilt your head 30-45° to either side to view. Assist level visibility is a separate issue.

Have owned the original Himiway Cruiser since early 2020. It's been a great bike... fast, powerful and a powerful battery for longer rides.
Now in my early 50s, looking to upgrade... somewhat. I definitely want a step-through (not as nimble as I once was) and am thinking about a mid-drive motor, possibly with a Gates belt-drive, a torque sensor, that will ride a distance but also has good torque for hills. Considering Himiway Zebra Pro, Rambler Pro, Aventon Aventure2, Evelo Omega, Ride1Up Prodigy V2 w/ CVT... really torn.
I own the Evelo Omega which is on your list, and the Priority Current, which is not, but meets your stated criteria. I also owned an Aventon 500 four years ago, but their line has been totally revamped and generally improved. I'm not sure about the Aventon Adventure per se, but a close friend recently purchased and then returned the Aventon Level.2 for lack of an easily accessible odometer. That might not matter to you or a lot of other riders, but it did to my friend.

In case you're interested I compared the Omega and Current not long ago.

https://forums.electricbikereview.com/threads/evelo-omega-and-priority-current-compared.54754/

I own the Evelo Omega which is on your list, and the Priority Current, which is not, but meets your stated criteria. I also owned an Aventon 500 four years ago, but their line has been totally revamped and generally improved. I'm not sure about the Aventon Adventure per se, but a close friend recently purchased and then returned the Aventon Level.2 for lack of an easily accessible odometer. That might not matter to you or a lot of other riders, but it did to my friend.

In case you're interested I compared the Omega and Current not long ago.

https://forums.electricbikereview.com/threads/evelo-omega-and-priority-current-compared.54754/
Nice review. Thanks for the link to it.

Back