Adjustable Stem for Aventon Level?

MarkJaxon

Would like to sit up straight, looking for an adjustable stem to raise the handlebars. I'm 64 and getting a little stiff in my neck riding longer than 10 miles

Just my opinion, but if you want to raise the bars, either get a stem extender, or a stem with rise. It is pointless to use an adjustable stem if you never adjust it other than up. It is heavier, and it is one more thing to get loose (and as someone who works on bikes for a living, I have run across a fair number of adjustable stems that were messed up because they got and were left loose.)

see my previous post, this worked for me

I also have the Fomtor stem I got it after seeing Tom@washdc post. I’m happy I got it I can easily make changes as needed . It’s easy to adjust only a Allan wrench is required

I also have the Fomtor stem I got it after seeing Tom@washdc post. I’m happy I got it I can easily make changes as needed . It’s easy to adjust only a Allan wrench is required
No issue with this being 110mm? The OEM stem is 95. And have you had any issue with the cables being too short when you raise the handle bars with the longer stem?

No issue with this being 110mm? The OEM stem is 95. And have you had any issue with the cables being too short when you raise the handle bars with the longer stem?
On my Level, I cannot raise the 110 mm stem higher than 40 deg, as the front brake hose is too short. I have now ordered the 90 mm stem. The objective being to both raise up and move back the handlebar. The shorter stem should give me the same height, but allow the bars to come back further without stressing the brake hose. I will report back on my success next week. Part is: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CKRS6QB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

I installed 2 Qikour adjustable stems on Levels and mine works great - provides a more comfortable/upright position. My wife will try hers tomorrow and see if a switch to a swept-back bar is also needed.

I installed 2 Qikour adjustable stems on Levels and mine works great - provides a more comfortable/upright position. My wife will try hers tomorrow and see if a switch to a swept-back bar is also needed.
I installed 2 Qikour adjustable stems on Levels and ice mine wor greatIce - provides a more One site navigation /upright of posted positionOusted this tw. Ou angle back tMy wife will try hers tomorrow and see if a switch to a swept-back bar is also needed.
Did you use a 90 or 110, and to what degree can you angle back too, New member here, I might Have posted this twIce. Still learning some site navigation.

Back