Actual XP folded dimensions

LostInWoods

We just got our bikes yesterday and one of the first things I wanted to do is verify the folded dimensions of the bike. Unless I'm doing something seriously wrong they are WAY wider than what the website says: "Folded dimensions: 37 x 18 x 27 in. " I was reminded again how tough it can be to deal with parallax when measuring stuff like this, but I measured more like 23-24" wide, rather than 18", and close enough on the others - about 37" long and 28" tall. Has anyone else actually measured theirs?

I'm liking the improvements they have made to the design over time, taking into account comments from earlier guinea pigs reviewers. I had seen the added support for the folded bike, but I had not seen (or maybe not noticed) the kickstand.

Attachments

• 20191025_072345.jpg
    20191025_072345.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 1,039
We just got our bikes yesterday and one of the first things I wanted to do is verify the folded dimensions of the bike. Unless I'm doing something seriously wrong they are WAY wider than what the website says: "Folded dimensions: 37 x 18 x 27 in. " I was reminded again how tough it can be to deal with parallax when measuring stuff like this, but I measured more like 23-24" wide, rather than 18", and close enough on the others - about 37" long and 28" tall. Has anyone else actually measured theirs?

I'm liking the improvements they have made to the design over time, taking into account comments from earlier guinea pigs reviewers. I had seen the added support for the folded bike, but I had not seen (or maybe not noticed) the kickstand.
Other than the ones sent to Kev Central and a few others they all came with the support foot on the bottom... fyi 😃

The box mine came in was about 38x30x18. I assume I could fit back in that box, but, have not tried. It could be you need to fold the pedals and handle bars in a specific way to make it fit . . .

The box mine came in was about 38x30x18. I assume I could fit back in that box, but, have not tried. It could be you need to fold the pedals and handle bars in a specific way to make it fit . . .
After 4 tries I gave up pedals were folded and I had the bike strapped together tight with a velcro strap. It seems the derailleur is one of the things that gets in the way I don't think you need that top piece anyway works fine without it

After 4 tries I gave up pedals were folded and I had the bike strapped together tight with a velcro strap. It seems the derailleur is one of the things that gets in the way I don't think you need that top piece anyway works fine without it
Perhaps that is one the reasons the derailleur gourd comes bent in from the factory?

That's a good point. I wasn't there when the bikes arrived and my wife had them ready to roll, with the boxes already at the curb for trash day, by the time I got home from work. I watched some unboxing videos and realized that the bikes are shipped without the handlebars installed. When I pulled the handlebar out I got the 18" width they claim. But figuring out what to do with them would be a pain - I assume that they would need to go in a bag or cushion to keep from scratching things up. In this photo I had them clamped at a funny angle on the rear deck, but that would not work for transporting them.

I got into this question to figure how much space would be required to carry them inside an RV. So the stated specs are pretty accurate, with a tight squeeze.

Attachments

• 20191026_120552.jpg
    20191026_120552.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 685
well that explains why I can't get it thru the 18.5" door!

never accrued to me to remove the handle bars!

That's a good point. I wasn't there when the bikes arrived and my wife had them ready to roll, with the boxes already at the curb for trash day, by the time I got home from work. I watched some unboxing videos and realized that the bikes are shipped without the handlebars installed. When I pulled the handlebar out I got the 18" width they claim. But figuring out what to do with them would be a pain - I assume that they would need to go in a bag or cushion to keep from scratching things up. In this photo I had them clamped at a funny angle on the rear deck, but that would not work for transporting them.

I got into this question to figure how much space would be required to carry them inside an RV. So the stated specs are pretty accurate, with a tight squeeze.

Back