Accessories for your XP

Son added new front and rear hydraulic brakes, front suspension, new handlebars and took off the fenders. It is harder to fold now, but after a 30 minute ride today, it is much more stable and handles bumps and dips much better.
Nice! Why did you switch to hydraulic brakes? Current brakes not good?

Nice! Why did you switch to hydraulic brakes? Current brakes not good?
We are at close to 1000 miles and the original pads were a little worn and it was starting to squeak when braking. It was 40 bucks to switch to hydraulic and it took him under an hour to do it. I drove it today and the new brakes are quiet as a church mouse...

Here's some lights I added a couple days ago.
IMG_0054 (2).jpg
IMG_0055 (2).jpg

how do you power the LED's? separate batteries or spliced into the bike's lights?
I replaced my headlight with the dual headlights I bought from Amazon. I cut the wires from the headlight and soldered those onto the new headlights. I wired them in parallel. The LED strips are 12v each and I wired 4 of them in series to make 48v (same as battery). I soldered those to the same headlight wires. They are super bright and noticeable, which is why I did it... wanted cars to notice me at night since I commute home after dark. Haven't seen much more battery drain with the lights on vs off.

I replaced my headlight with the dual headlights I bought from Amazon. I cut the wires from the headlight and soldered those onto the new headlights. I wired them in parallel. The LED strips are 12v each and I wired 4 of them in series to make 48v (same as battery). I soldered those to the same headlight wires. They are super bright and noticeable, which is why I did it... wanted cars to notice me at night since I commute home after dark. Haven't seen much more battery drain with the lights on vs off.

Be careful...I know of at least a few people who have fried their controller doing exactly this.

I been wanting to do this. Saw a vid on you tube doing this. Thanks

Last edited:
Here are a few more pics of my XP and a breakdown of my accessories:
1. Cloud 9 seat
2. Nite Ize Phone holder
3. Knog Bike Bell
4. Kryptonite U lock with KryptoFlex cable
5. Electra Cup Holder
6. Portland Design Works front basket
7. Dual Headlights 3000 lumens
8. LED strips to front and back (white and red)
9. XCSOURCE Bike Handlebar Extender

Thinking about a crate or something for the back rack. Any suggestions?
IMG_0101.jpg
IMG_0102.jpg
IMG_0103.jpg
IMG_0104.jpg
IMG_0105.jpg
IMG_0106.jpg

It only took about two weeks to receive. I estimate it adds about 30% more range than the stock battery.

Back