Accessories for your XP

With the cons in mind, would you recommend the mod (adding the suspension fork)?
Yes. It increases the comfort level well beyond the spine banging effect of the non-suspension fork that comes with the bike.

Also, can you provide a link to the Ritchey headset that you bought that was compatible? Thanks!
Unfortunately, I ordered the headset months ago and, to the best of my recollection, I bought it on Ebay.

Anyone have any tips on taking off the grips on the handlebars?....without cutting them off to reuse them on new handlebars.

Anyone have any tips on taking off the grips on the handlebars?....without cutting them off to reuse them on new handlebars.

I used soapy water in the ends and just keep working it in and it will slide right off.

I have one more accessory to share. The stock pedals have never really worked for me. I wanted MX style but needed to keep the folding design. Today I installed these MKS FD-7 pedals. They are made in Japan, high quality alloy and have serviceable bearing. I just took it for a test ride and they performed as expected.

The product specs say 4.5" wide, buyers say 3.5". Can you verify what the width from edge of crank to outter edge of pedal is?

Spotted these, which may work better for me if they grip well, as the quick release neck puts the outer edge further out.

https://www.amazon.com/Lixada-Mount...D8DPB1S8T3S&psc=1&refRID=7EJ8F461VD8DPB1S8T3S

New Klunker handlebars oh god is the ride so much more comfy now that I can straighten out my back more.
5BC331EE-CFCB-4DBE-BEDF-D85E76705F7C.jpeg

The install was relatively easy just taking off all the stuff on the handlebars with an allen wrench and for the shifter a philips head. The only thing that gave a bit of trouble was putting the screen back on as it was a tight fit for the screws, although I am sure if you had longer screws it would be much easier.

The handlebar is taken off pretty easily with a few allen screws.

Has anyone modded your XP with a suspension stem for handlebar comfort? I was considering adding front shocks but the suspension stem may be an alternative?

ive been wondering myself if that shockstop fits.doesnt look like a direct fit though.might need a different stem?... im new to all this so maybe the tech gurus of the forum will join in. i know its not gonna do what a front end suspension does but looks like a different option to help with front end bumps.

ive been wondering myself if that shockstop fits.doesnt look like a direct fit though.might need a different stem?... im new to all this so maybe the tech gurus of the forum will join in. i know its not gonna do what a front end suspension does but looks like a different option to help with front end bumps.

I have a note into Lectric with the question on which shockstop to order. If anyone with a Lectric has allready added one of the Redshift or Kinetx please chime in...

Hey guys, just got my XP and git bit by the mod bug.
-changed the pedals
-removed the fenders
-operatiion black out, no more logos!
Will be changing handlebar and stem to BMX soon, add in suspension fork.
Keep crankin'!

Attachments

• 35166E5D-4DA8-4565-8759-4A6148A9E20E.jpeg
    35166E5D-4DA8-4565-8759-4A6148A9E20E.jpeg
    453.1 KB · Views: 517
  • 3090D533-F869-4B0F-A7D6-C3A4BC53AAF5.jpeg
    3090D533-F869-4B0F-A7D6-C3A4BC53AAF5.jpeg
    465.1 KB · Views: 511
any inexpensive handlebar options out there? the sunlite that people seem to love isn't available anymore at amazon. the klunker is too much $ for me. anything else?

also: cheap footpedals?

Here are some handlebars that are longer and have a better rise (height) and sweep. You can choose between lower and higher. Personally my bars have about a 4 inch rise...these bars are not a bad deal for 25 bucks.

thanks much. re those bars you linked to -- which are the ones with a 4" rise more or less? would that be the 100mm ones at $30?

Back