Accessories for your XP

I wanted to get away from the Lectric branding, so I ordered some gloss white vinyl to cover It up and found I needed to put two strips on to hide the factory logo. I then thought the plain white looked a bit too plain, so I ordered some decals and put those over the white vinyl. I always liked Tool Time and think Tim the Tool Man Taylor would approve of the XP!

The white vinyl came as a 10 pack of 12” squares, I only used one square to do the bike. The white vinyl and 2 decals cost about $20 total. I like that I can pull them off if I get tired of them or just want a change.

View attachment 50346

I’ve started to mod my bike and now I’m at the “pimp it out stage” and also went with vinyl. I’ll post pics soon! Love the Binford!🤣

I had a question regarding the twist throttle. Does anyone know if it is a 3 pin connector? I'm looking to swap out the setup with a full twist system. Also, same question regarding the front light setup.
Much appreciated. Looking forward to my XP arriving and being able to customize it to my tastes.

I had a question regarding the twist throttle. Does anyone know if it is a 3 pin connector? I'm looking to swap out the setup with a full twist system. Also, same question regarding the front light setup.
Much appreciated. Looking forward to my XP arriving and being able to customize it to my tastes.

I can't answer your questions directly but I know of a couple things you may want to watch out for. Someone replaced the throttle with a thumb type and an error code was displayed. They were able to reverse a couple wires in the controller which seemed to correct the problem. Also, check the voltage to the headlamp before ordering a replacement. I was thinking of replacing mine (when I get the bike) but someone mentioned they liked being able to adjust their light as needed from the handlebar, so I'm just going to add another.

Mirror(s) for Ritchey Comp SC Rizer Handlebar
I just received the handlebars today and got to work install them and the requisite accessories. One accessory I bought and have seen the need for since riding the past few days is the Hafny Bar End Bike Mirror, Stainless Steel Lens, Safe Rearview Mirror. Unfortunately, it didn't occur to me at the time that they were too large to fit the new handlebars I had purchased.
Does anyone have suggestions for a mirror to fit a 13mm opening? I'd appreciate it very much.

These mirrors are made for motorcycles but I much prefer them to the usual bicycle mirrors.
They are heavy duty and they look great on the XP.

6AE9C09A-ED41-4BD8-A2CB-473F90674B02.jpeg
539BF692-C5C6-4330-AD41-87C06767186D.jpeg

Last edited:
These mirrors are made for motorcycles but I much prefer them to the usual bicycle mirrors.
They are heavy duty and they look great on the XP.
There are a million available for on-bar mounting and I was hoping to avoid that but, unfortunately, may not have much of a choice. Thanks for the recommendation.

Here's another option. Not quite as wide. I have used this particular one on my other mountain bike with no issues roughly $7
US + free shipping
C$ 10.43 17%OFF | 25.4mm 62cm Aluminum alloy Bicycle Handlebar Durable Riser Bar MTB Bicycle Road Bike Mountain Handlebar Parts
I see this listed as 62cm wide. How much wider is this than the stock handlebar that came with the XP? Thanks for the help!

I just carry a small ziploc bag in my toolkit so I can cover my display in a sudden shower.
I’m going to 3D print a shade cover for the computer. I’ll post a pic when it’s done and if anyone wants the plans. Ziplock is a quick and smart idea! I’ll do that for now too.

Anyone here know how to connect a car back up camera to an e-bike? Was thinking of going with a digital display on the bike instead of mirrors. The back up cam would of course be used as a monitor to see what is behind you. I know little about electrical requirements and what is needed but it looks like I might need to get a 12v converter of some kind. Any help would be appreciated. Here's the link to the cam in question:

I bought the correct connecter from Ali express and then plugged it in...
C$ 7.87 | BOLLFIT Julet 2pin3pin4pin5pin Waterproof Connector for Ebike Light Trottle Ebrake Display Ebike Parts Ebike Extend Cable
Which plug is it? There are multiples on the page.

I don't have my bike yet but trying to get my ducks in a row.

Thanks!

So while I am on my accessorizing bonanza, help me with my next move. My handlebars are now full with the addition of the bell and rear view mirror . Do I upgrade to the 5 inch rise handlebars or just buy the handlebar extender? I think I am up over $350 in add ons? This is fun!!

Back