ABUS frame locks for Vado/Como have arrived (and they fit/work!)

I ordered my Abus 5755L R from Amazon.de and received it promptly in the US.

In what way does it not fit?

Width seems good, is it too short and doesn't clear the inside of the rim?

5755L fits my 2022 Vado 4.0. Had to remove wheel to install.

Hi gpburdell. I am trying to visualize the issue that required the wheel to be removed. If it fits around the fender and the wheel in its final installation position, why did you need to remove the wheel?

TIA

Hi gpburdell. I am trying to visualize the issue that required the wheel to be removed. If it fits around the fender and the wheel in its final installation position, why did you need to remove the wheel?

TIA
The bottom opening of the lock is not big enough for the fender that you're able to install it without going at an angle (thus requiring the wheel to be removed, then you install the lock coming in from either side of the fender). I installed a 5750 on a 2022 Vado 4 and had to remove the wheel too.

@beaniedog is exactly correct - the lock had to be angled to fit the opening over the fender -- and the tire/wheel was in the way at that angle.

Since I have a bike repair stand (Park PCS 10.3 - buy-once-cry-once) it was no big deal to drop the wheel.

The bottom opening of the lock is not big enough for the fender that you're able to install it without going at an angle (thus requiring the wheel to be removed, then you install the lock coming in from either side of the fender). I installed a 5750 on a 2022 Vado 4 and had to remove the wheel too.
Ah, thanks!

Got my 4750 X and it fits beautifully on the 2020 Vado 5, XL frame. No need to remove the tire, although putting the braze-ons under the seat stays makes installation slightly less easy.
IMG_2432.jpg
IMG_2433.jpg

I've just bought a 4750X in anticipation of my Vado 5.0 arriving.

It arrived (from Amazon) without any screws, instructions, fixings or anything except the lock. Can I check how you fasten it to the bike - does the bike have screws already in place?

Thanks

Can I ask anyone who has a 4750X, should the chain fit in better than this?
It looks a bit, well, insecure?! It's fastened in but surely that bit of steel shouldn't be exposed.

I bought the 'ABUS frame lock plug-in chain - Adaptor Chain 6KS - bike lock - 2.9 mm thick chain lock' chain to pair with the 4750X, assuming you could use any.

IMG_3721-P40.jpg

That's normal I believe; the chains are interchangeable between brands (AXA/Abus) and thus not all locks will have it sit flush to the lock body.

Won't make a difference to someone with and angle grinder whether the cut through the plastic shroud or not, and someone with big bolt cutters is more likely to cut the chain so as to put one of the handles against the ground for better leverage.

Back