A built in clock would be nice

Vic Russell

Hi, I have a new Entour E+ 1 (2019) which I love. However, I often want to glance at the time of day when riding and looking at my watch is often impractical and dangerous on a busy road. My built in "Charge" display which is otherwise very comprehensive and useful does not have a clock and I find this surprising. Is this likely to change in a future update. If not, and in the mean time, can anyone recommend a suitable handlebar clock for this bike? Thanks.

I agree! Why not put a clock on the display? I have looked at after-market handlebar clocks, and even found one that replaces the little cap on the handlebar holder thingy (sorry for my lack of terminology knowledge), but reading reviews it seems that the clocks might not be very reliable or waterproof ....

My dad bought a used quartz watch at a thrift store and stuck it to his handlebars. He's happy with that.

Hi, I have a new Entour E+ 1 (2019) which I love. However, I often want to glance at the time of day when riding and looking at my watch is often impractical and dangerous on a busy road. My built in "Charge" display which is otherwise very comprehensive and useful does not have a clock and I find this surprising. Is this likely to change in a future update. If not, and in the mean time, can anyone recommend a suitable handlebar clock for this bike? Thanks.
Now that you said that, my wifes Yamaha Haibike has a build in clock on the LCD display. The LCD display actually takes a small lithium ion battery of its own just for the clock (battery user replaceable; lasts about 2 years I think), which powers just the clock to keep the correct time even if you turn the rest of the bike and LCD display off, or remove the bike battery. I have no idea if this is unique to Yamaha bikes or other bikes (like Bosche, etc..) have it too. Bafang for sure does NOT have it on any of their displays. So is Yamaha the only one? Here is a picture of the LCD display (12:58 is the clock time that stays on showing always the correct time, even if you turn off the bike, remove the bike battery etc...). By the way the LCD display is removable by the user without any tools and you can take it with you for extra security when you park your bike. And the clock continues to work off or on the bike.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
I agree. A clock seems like a cheap and useful feature which could easily be added to handlebar displays.
In my case, I solve the issue by riding with my smartphone and a handheld GPS mounted on the bars. Both can be set to display a variety of readouts including the time.

This looks snazzy. Intended for motorcycles. $8.80 on ebay.
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
rabbitclub (1 of 1).jpg

That stick-on watch from ebay (linked above) came yesterday so I created a 3D printed mount for it. Simple to mount with just a ziptie & a tiny piece of mounting tape. File available at Thingiverse.

Attachments

• 2019-04-13 14.38.07.jpg
    2019-04-13 14.38.07.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 428
I have the Yamaha display with the built in clock. It's on all the time even when the bike is turned off or the display is removed. When riding my Haibike I don't like being reminded of the time every time I look down at the display but there's no way to remove the clock from the display. Funny that everyone else wants a clock on their display but I want to remove mine. Different strokes!

The bafang DPC
Now that you said that, my wifes Yamaha Haibike has a build in clock on the LCD display. The LCD display actually takes a small lithium ion battery of its own just for the clock (battery user replaceable; lasts about 2 years I think), which powers just the clock to keep the correct time even if you turn the rest of the bike and LCD display off, or remove the bike battery. I have no idea if this is unique to Yamaha bikes or other bikes (like Bosche, etc..) have it too. Bafang for sure does NOT have it on any of their displays. So is Yamaha the only one? Here is a picture of the LCD display (12:58 is the clock time that stays on showing always the correct time, even if you turn off the bike, remove the bike battery etc...). By the way the LCD display is removable by the user without any tools and you can take it with you for extra security when you park your bike. And the clock continues to work off or on the bike.
maxresdefault.jpg
Bafang for sure does NOT have it on any of their displays. So is Yamaha the only one? Here is a picture of the LCD display (12:58 is the clock time that stays on showing always the correct time said:
The Bafang DPC-14 and DPC-18 colour displays do have clocks on the screen

Back