Any owner updates on OT ELF?

2 Piece

Just wondering if there were/ are any actual owner updates on the ELF. They have been on the market for close to a year now I guess and looking for owner updates.

OT support is terrible!!! Slow to respond ( if they do). Won't provide any troubleshooting guide or schematics. You have to contact support and pay them by the hour. Prices are outrageous... $999 for batteries when they are 20ah battery for $529 elsewhere and don't have the same connector as the ELF. Chargers are < $60, but OT charges $149. Elf's have poor visibility to the l/r because of the wide panel between the windshield and side window. Ergonomics need to be changed so you don't keep sliding down your seat and can get in/out of it easier. Be very carful washing the windows because the plexiglass scratches very easy. The only reason I keep my Elf is because I can ride it in rainy WA w/o getting really wet.

John - They have been listening and they are really working to improve response times but it is a small company with 6 employees. They are upgrading their site as well. Look for better links and forms soon. You should join and take advantage of the OT owners private group on Facebook, it is a rich sources of information and you can talk with the plant manager and 500 other owners. Search it for any tech issues. Their batteries are by far the best you can buy, I know because I bought aftermarket LunaCycle batteries for my ELF, cheaper but not the same quality in design, there is more to it than amp hours. The new US sourced battery is the best made, it even has fire resistant design and is US assembled. Chargers are better purchased from other sources but the OT charger compares to an $80 charger, not a $60 one. All vehicles have some blind spots up front, the PEBL is just as bad. It is not an issue when you get moving, only requires more caution when moving around parking lots at slow speeds. The seat and handlebars are fully adjustable and I made my seat more stable by adding a stiffener belt on the front edge. All light weight velomobiles use plastic windows, glass is way to heavy for them. Treat your windshield with pure carnauba wax and re-apply monthly to reduce scratching, use microfiber towels and distilled water with just a drop of soap in it. The ingress/egress is also good in the ELF compared to any other velomobile. I wish I had mine during my 10 years of e-bike commuting in Seattle! Each of your points have been corrected here for fair perspective. Do you really think a totally new concept vehicle will be bug free and perfectly ergonomic during its introductory period? That is unreasonable. We are pioneers of sustainable transportation. Compare this to the first Model T's.

Mr Gordon, I shared facts and my opinions as an ELF owner and don't consider your "corrections" accurate or unbiased. I should not have to modify an $9000 bike because the seat does not adjust enough.

Mr Gordon, I shared facts and my opinions as an ELF owner and don't consider your "corrections" accurate or unbiased. I should not have to modify an $9000 bike because the seat does not adjust enough.
John, you don't need to 'modify' it. Just like any car with adjustable steering wheel and seat, the ELF has to be adjusted to the driver using it. As an expert user and owner of three years I know what I am talking about. Your words indicate you do not. Reclining meshed recumbent bike seating is the finest in the world for comfort.

Back