700 series torque value

mikecoin56

I’ve noticed since the 700 series is being listed with an AKM motor. That the torque value is listed at 90NM. The Shengyi and Bafang rear hub motors have had 60NM of torque. Is this a misprint or a change in specs that I’ve never seen mentioned anywhere?

I’ve owned both the Shengyi (3) and Bafang (1) 700 ebikes but would be interested in a 90NM 700! Currently have one Shengyi complete, one for parts and a battery only for the Bafang.

Interesting. The controller is usually listed as “48v 18a”. I wonder if they increased the current cap. Sometimes, the controller would be listed as “48v 22a”. Though, I’m not sure if the would make the rated torque difference. 90nm might be about 80 phase amps.

Interesting. The controller is usually listed as “48v 18a”. I wonder if they increased the current cap. Sometimes, the controller would be listed as “48v 22a”. Though, I’m not sure if the would make the rated torque difference. 90nm might be about 80 phase amps.
LISTED ON WEBSITE:
“Powerful 750w sustained angled-gear hub motor with 90nm torque”

LISTED ON WEBSITE:
“Controller
48V 18A DMHC Sine-wave”

Perhaps they are accounting for the torque the rider adds while pedaling? You provide 30nm, and the motor will provide 60nm. That’s a far stretch though. Maybe someone else can come up with a better explanation. :)

Ride1Up cleared the matter up for me. The newest 700 DOES have 90NM of torque with their new AKM motor. See attached letter
IMG_9421.jpeg
from Ride1Up.

Back