6.4", 310lbs, 34"inseam stepthrough help needed

pathfinder

Region
USA
only bike I can find is the Himiway and I'm a little reluctant based on the reviews and no local service shops will do work on outside bikes. Live in S Fl so pretty much flat terrain. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thnx

Pedego has the interceptor, comfort cruiser, boomerang, and low step city commuter & stretch. The stretch has a 400 lb weight rating. Dealers are everywhere and the warrenty is extended. They are not cheap.
I ride the drop frame yuba bodaboda left, which apparently has been discontinued. Short people get no support.

Unfortunately a bit on the pricey side but Zize bikes makes bikes for heavy riders:

Also many cargo bikes have 350 lb. and up weight limits (though many say max rider weight should be 275 or less)

At 310 you should be OK on most bikes, particularly fat bike, mountain bike, commuter, adventure cycling, or cargo frames without having to worry about breaking wheels, axles, forks, or frames. You might need to upgrade to a wider saddle along with heavier duty seat post, handlebars, and stem.

https://www.soulbeachcruisers.com/shop/

Big cruiser style bikes. I'm 6ft - 285lbs. Moves me around at a pretty quick pace. Liked my first bike so much that I bought a second one in a different color. Don't be mislead by the "Miss" version. It's a big bike. 26" wheels, plenty of power and plenty of seatpost height adjustment.

SABER-Shark-7.jpg

Miss-High-Octane-3.jpg

only bike I can find is the Himiway and I'm a little reluctant based on the reviews and no local service shops will do work on outside bikes. Live in S Fl so pretty much flat terrain. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thnx
So are we to understand you are not looking at consumer direct bikes, only those available from local shops?

I would say don't be mislead because a bike has 26" wheels. The "fat" bikes with 26x4" or wider tires are GIANT bikes! As big or bigger than the more normal 29'ers. Just as an example of such a bike (first one that comes to mind) is the step through Rad Rover. This bike, annd those similar are a deceptively large bike. Much bigger than they appear in the pictures. Rad sys the bike is rated for 275lbs, but with features like 12ga spokes, and that lower reinforcement in the step through area, this thing is built like a tank.

Big cruiser style bikes. I'm 6ft - 285lbs. Moves me around at a pretty quick pace. Liked my first bike so much that I bought a second one in a different color. Don't be mislead by the "Miss" version. It's a big bike. 26" wheels, plenty of power and plenty of seatpost height adjustment.

So are we to understand you are not looking at consumer direct bikes, only those available from local shops?
No, I'm open to online purchase, I said lack of repair facilities to fix em is a concern. I think to stay under 2k I'm going to have to buy online

I would say don't be mislead because a bike has 26" wheels. The "fat" bikes with 26x4" or wider tires are GIANT bikes! As big or bigger than the more normal 29'ers. Just as an example of such a bike (first one that comes to mind) is the step through Rad Rover. This bike, annd those similar are a deceptively large bike. Much bigger than they appear in the pictures. Rad sys the bike is rated for 275lbs, but with features like 12ga spokes, and that lower reinforcement in the step through area, this thing is built like a tank.

Concern with these are maximum recommended height is 6.2" in step through. I'm 6.4 and had both hips replaced in the last 1.5 yrs and can't get a leg over a reg bike.

View attachment 97703
View attachment 97705
I looked at these and have to revisit, their st's are classified as woman's models and have to see height and weight restrictions. Thnx

Wish we had multi quote option for replying on here!

I looked at these and have to revisit, their st's are classified as woman's models and have to see height and weight restrictions. Thnx

Wish we had multi quote option for replying on here!
Don’t let the “Miss” model deter you. It’s for marketing. It’s a step through. They have a 24” model with less power for the ladies. Nowadays there isn’t a ”women’s bike. They’re called step throughs to get past the stigma. I had both of my knees replaced and I have to lean the bikes Wayyyyy down to get my leg over.

Last edited:
No, I'm open to online purchase, I said lack of repair facilities to fix em is a concern. I think to stay under 2k I'm going to have to buy online
On the bold, just for the sake of clarity, why would the lack of repair facilities be a concern? Who is going to be getting their hands dirty when this new bike needs assembling and/or servicing? Will it be you, or are you planning on having a bike shop take care of it for you?

I'm looking at the chart showing inseam dimensions and if you can plan on getting proper leg extension on each of the RAD models. Looking at the RadRover ST1, I'm seeing 34" listed as able to get full extension. You're thinking that's not enough? I'm 70, and 6'2" 315lbs. Still swinging my leg over (with the bike leaned way over!), but my point is these fattys are tall bikes. My bet is that if the seat is set to get proper leg extension for your 34" inseam, IF you can touch the ground, it'll be with your tippy toes. Point being, careful what you wish for....

And keep your crank bolts tightened, 15mm socket does the trick, as they are famous for coming loose and if they do the only repair is a new crank......They are on a tapered spindle and will seat eventually.

Pedal is connected to the crank arm, and the crank arm is connected to the crank shaft. Bolt that can cause an issue on occasion is the one that fastens the crank arm to the crank shaft. Looks like it might have a cover hiding it on your bike. Likely something that's easily popped off to allow you to see if the bolt is tight.

It is likely a 14mm socket if it has a cover. Black on black it is hard to tell. Could be a 8mm hex.

Back