58.8v Charger Adjustment?

Man, if only I were a professional at a major nonprofit who works from home most days in my basement office. I might have that kind of time. And be able to afford a better charger that doesn't take 8 hours...
Well, you extend the battery life with a 2 amp charge, so for me it's a matter of choice not affordability. Besides chargers are cheap compared to battery packs.
Also with a 48v and 21ah battery, 8 hours JUST gets it fully charged. More like 10 hours if you need to balance the cells.

Sooo your arguing that you DON'T have to give the BMS time to balance the cells????

I know threads can be hard to follow sometimes.

OK once more. YOU wrote, "How do you monitor it for balanced cells????????"

ANSWER, "with my Bluetooth BMS" and iPhone.

For some reason, you have an issue with my posts. Perhaps we can sort what your issue is?

I know threads can be hard to follow sometimes.

OK once more. YOU wrote, "How do you monitor it for balanced cells????????"

ANSWER, "with my Bluetooth BMS" and iPhone.

For some reason, you have an issue with my posts. Perhaps we can sort what your issue is?
Three words. Unhelpful, insulting and condescending, Do I need to re-post examples ?

If the BMS is rated for 4A there should be no issue.
Quote from Electric Bike forum and the builder of a 6000 sq ft ebike building in 2002:
"But charging too fast is hard on the battery, and it will cause its life expectancy to go down, and also it can be a fire hazard in extreme cases of charging too fast.

We really recommend that if you are new to ebikes, and new to lithium batteries in general, that you stick with the slow charger that came with your pack, and do not fast charge. This is both safer and healthier for your pack."

Three words. Unhelpful, insulting and condescending
I’m sorry you read that into my posts. Tone is hard to convey. You can always use the ignore function. Quoting a 2002 post or any post with any clear directions regarding what is to fast would be useful.

Grin, aka eBikes.ca, a highly regarded reseller and engineer wrote, Most even low current energy cells can safely be charged at a C/2 charging rate, so a 12Ah pack could be charged with a 6A charge current. Of course a packs BMS can limit the rate. Read the satiator page.

I’m sorry you read that into my posts. Tone is hard to convey. You can always use the ignore function. Quoting a 2002 post or any post with any clear directions regarding what is to fast would be useful.
The building was set up in 2002!
They were comparing a 2 amp to a 5 amp charger including the variables of battery size and BMS s
Calling ppl unreasonable, silly ect has nothing to do with tone obviously. The same goes for not being helpful.

The building was set up in 2002!
They were comparing a 2 amp to a 5 amp charger including the variables of battery size and BMS s
Calling ppl unreasonable, silly ect has nothing to do with tone obviously. The same goes for not being helpful.
PLONK

Back