New battery issues

McGene

Region
USA
Currently own a 2018 RAD City ebike. The stock battery is a 48v 14ah battery. I just received an aftermarket battery (48v 20ah). I plugged it in and the display only comes on briefly -- it will not stay on. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
BTW, the old battery still works fine and the display remains on as usual.
Thanks for any ideas.
-gene

Did you charge the new battery first?
I bought 2 garbage batteries, one from Amazon btrbattery one from Ebay sunebike baldwin city warehouse. The 3rd one from lunacycle.com actually worked. Was your vendor as reputable as lunacycle.com? That one cost more than the other two added together. BTW luna has stopped selling batteries except 52 v ones for desert racing. Try california ebike.

Thanks for the response, indianajo!
As it turns out, I think I discovered my problem -- as usual -- user error.
I checked the controller on my bike and it's rated for 17A -- the battery I installed is 20A. Stupid me didn't check before I made the purchase :(

Thanks for the response, indianajo!
As it turns out, I think I discovered my problem -- as usual -- user error.
I checked the controller on my bike and it's rated for 17A -- the battery I installed is 20A. Stupid me didn't check before I made the purchase :(
The rated battery capacity or its rated discharge does not cause a display not powering up, Did you charge the new battery?

Back