Battery upgrade worth it?

murbot

Region
USA
City
MOUNT AIRY, MD USA
Hi,
I've got a Rad Mini 4 with a 35a upgrade and a 750 OEM upgrade. Also keep a spare wheel with a stock Rad 500 that I swap in the 500 for longer less hilly/technical rides. Still using the stock 48v 14ah battery. With the 750 installed, got 17.5 miles on a mostly dirt trail that was maybe 1 notch more technical than a Mini is made to handle. About 4 miles was on the road and it was my first test with the new 750 after a couple years with the 35a and 500w motor so I did test the power more than usual the first 25% of the ride.

Saying all things are equal on before and after test rides, how much should I expect from a 48v 20ahs battery?
Would a 48v 20ah battery gain a couple miles, 10 miles?

Thank you

There's little doubt it'll go further. How much further is on you and where you're taking/how you're riding the bike.

I would just like to mention that the more powerful battery is also going to be heavier. Most likely noticeably heavier. That's fine if you need the range to finish a ride, but if you're able to complete the rides you're generally on with a margin of safety, I think the bigger heavier battery is a waste....

Back