Review of my Lectric ONE.

sc00ter

Region
USA
City
Norfolk, VA
So I'm going to start this as a series so to speak. Right now is first impressions. So here we go!

Arrived in a box that showed no external damage. I unpacked it, set it up and noticed the rear fender/rack assembly rubs on the top portion of the tire. I loosed everything up and beat on it with a dead blow hammer. I banged, twisted, manhandled the rear fender assembly and got it "good enough" for now. Something still rubs when I first start off but it quickly stops. I might pull the whole rear rack and fender off and try again, but I need to download the belt app so I can set the tension.

I never really cared for the quick connect pedals. The quality is not the issue but I can feel a little bit of play so I swapped the pedals out with some normal pedals. Don't worry, I'll post pictures later. Anyways, if you use the click in pedals make sure the the bosses in the cracks are tight! When I went to loosen the old pedals they had almost zero resistance! A tad past wimpy hand tight(ish)! So check those pedal bosses!

I farted around the block after checking ALL the fasteners and it rides really nice. No weird noises (except the rear tire rubbing at start takeoff) and the Pinion is weird. You can't hear the beep when you are maxed out in either gear but so far I like the 6 speed spread. It reminds me of my beloved Nexus hubs.

Lets see, what else? I ordered the cheap pogo post from Lectric, the comfort package. The seat post uses no shims! Its the correct size for the frame. I like cheap pogo post. I had to mount my Foldy Lock under the frame. Both of the top mounting points don't work because there is not enough room to remove the lock from the holder. I might order my little leather mud flaps from etsy. I have them on my Xpedition and the say TWO. If I get some for this ebike they'll say ONE. That's it for now. Pictures to follow and to get some miles on it.

This is the other things I forgot! The crank arm hits the kickstand. Very annoying. Oh, and the kickstand is made out of old tin cat food cans. Not the modern aluminum cat food cans, the old thin tin ones. I'm gonna get a Greenfield kickstand and swap this one out before the included one breaks. The XP 3.0 also had a flimsy kickstand but at least it didn't hit the crank arm all the time. My Xpedition kickstand seems to be holding up okay even though I had to tighten it up with some thread-lock.

Lectric includes a Pinion manual in the pedal box but its for the manual version. At least I know how to change the gear oil. Pinion looks easy to deal with, time will tell if I have any issues. I did buy the 2 year extended warranty for $126. I know Lectric stands behind their products but still, a 3 year warranty isn't a bad investment to me.

My ONE, valve caps (meow!) and lock location.

Attachments

• 20240915_174929.jpg
    20240915_174929.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240915_175101.jpg
    20240915_175101.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240915_175125.jpg
    20240915_175125.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 17
So if you have slop/play in the clamp portion of your bars check these! All 4 finger tight! And I thought I hit all the fasteners.....

Attachments

• 20240915_185608.jpg
    20240915_185608.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240915_185558.jpg
    20240915_185558.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 13
Thanks for sharing! I decided to order, and I'll be sure to test the fasteners.

Yeah, not being able to roll the bike backward with the kickstand down is annoying. I assume it's a result of the awkward weight distribution with battery and motor in the back. (But the standard, easy-to-remove battery was a big selling point, so ... 🤷)

Are you a class 3 rider? If so, how are you finding the cadence at 28MPH? (Although I guess I'll have my own opinions soon enough.)

Back