Discover II can now switch between torque and cadence sensors!

Mike N.

Just received the email today stating Discover II can now switch between torque and cadence sensors. No hardware needed just a reflash of the controller. Before this the only bike I knew that could do this was the Euphree Steller Falcom.

This is what Velotric stated:

Activating the SensorSwap Feature​

And now the moment you've been waiting for - how do you get our hands (and bikes) on this new feature?
Follow this route of straightforward steps to update your Velotric e-bike with our latest firmware, shifting seamlessly between torque and cadence sensors.
  1. Update Your App:
  • Begin by updating your Velotric app to the latest version available for iOS (4.3.0) or Android (4.3.1). This is crucial as the new SensorSwap function is integrated within the app’s latest iteration.
img_v3_02ec_4d358fa8-90ae-4279-9a51-f32f7d614aeg_600x600.jpg

1. Upgrade Your Bike's Firmware:
  • To activate the SensorSwap capability, head to ‘Bike Settings’ in your app and select ‘Firmware Update.’ Here, update the firmware for both the display and the controller to the latest versions. This step ensures that your bike’s hardware is ready to seamlessly switch between sensor modes.
Frame_3_1_600x600.png

1. Restart Your Bike and App:
  • After the updates, turn off your bike and completely close the Velotric app. This helps in resetting the system and properly initializing the new features.
  • Power your bike back on and reopen the Velotric app. This reconnection allows the updated firmware and the app to sync effectively.
img_v3_02ec_3d313045-3311-4345-b100-2e1adfe6f7eg_600x600.jpg

1. Enable SensorSwap
  • Navigate back to ‘Bike Settings’ in your app. You should now see an option to toggle between torque and cadence sensors. This new setting lets you customize your ride according to your personal preference and riding conditions.
img_v3_02ec_2d255c86-cb98-4ccd-a99c-f6bfaf6c36bg_600x600.jpg

Important Note:
  • Remember, the SensorSwap managed exclusively through the Velotric app. Updating the app alone won’t activate the feature on your bike until the firmware has also been updated. Make sure both the app and firmware are upgraded to ensure full functionality.
Ready to take control of your ride like never before? Update your Velotric app today, check out the new settings, and discover how switching sensors can redefine what your bike can do. Once you’ve felt the difference, don’t keep it to yourself—join the conversation in our Velotric community or shout it out on social media. Your feedback fuels our innovation, and your stories inspire our community. Share how this new feature transforms your riding experience and help us continue to shape the future of cycling together.
Let’s ride into the future with Velotric—where every ride is yours to define."

Interesting that the bike always had this feature. Maybe they were waiting for the software to be figured out. Will try out the new feature in the next couple of days and let you know.

I've been busy this week and finally tried to download the new software for the cadence/torque sensor upgrade. Well it wouldn't work for me. All I saw was the large bold firmware update and nothing below it. I sent a note to Velotric support and they wrote back.

"Thank you for reaching out to us about the issue you're experiencing with updating the software on your Velotric Discover 2 bike. We appreciate your patience and understanding. We're more than happy to assist you with this.

After reviewing your concern, we recommend that you uninstall and reinstall the Velotric app on your phone to ensure a smooth update process. This should resolve the issue you're encountering with the blank screen displaying the firmware update message.

Additionally, please note that the latest version of our app is 4.3.3, which includes important updates and improvements. After reinstalling the app, you'll be able to check and update your bike's firmware to the latest version.

Once you've completed these steps, please restart your bike and follow the in-app instructions to update your firmware. If you have any further issues or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

We're committed to providing you with the best possible experience with your Velotric bike. Thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Regards,"

So I removed the app and reinstalled it and still did not see the firmware update and the version was still 4.3.1. I decided to remove my account and sign up again. So I re-signed up with Velotric and when I tried to sync my bike I received the message "Unable to find information on this bike" So I don't know if I messed it up worse. It might be because I had my display replaced previously with a new one due to the original one stopped lighting up.

I'm sure this will all get straightened out eventually. I sent a new message to support explaining what happened and I don't know when they will get in touch with me due to the weekend.

In the meantime, the bike runs fine. I just cannot connect it to the Velotric app and I do not have the new cadence/torque sensor ability yet.

We'll see what happens.

Attachments

• thumbnail (70).jpg
    thumbnail (70).jpg
    50 KB · Views: 6
  • thumbnail (69).jpg
    thumbnail (69).jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 11
  • thumbnail (68).jpg
    thumbnail (68).jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 10
Back