What Rack To Carry Second Rambo Krusader Battery?

Jim1348

I have a Rambo Krusader 2. I ordered an additional battery for it. My bike has a rear luggage rack. Are there any cordura nylon bags that attach to the top of a rack like this that would hold a battery? It would need to be at least 18 inches long.

I did find the Kemimoto Lipo battery bag, but I need one a little bit longer. Maybe the West Biking e-bike battery storage bag.

Who on here has one that they like?

Rambo Rack.JPG

Attachments

• Battery Bag.JPG
    Battery Bag.JPG
    231.6 KB · Views: 24
  • West Battery Bag.JPG
    West Battery Bag.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I've got this battery bag and my 18" Reention Dorado battery fits inside nicely.

Screenshot_20240828-193935_Amazon Shopping.jpg

It's available on AliExpress as well,..

Screenshot_20240828-194216_AliExpress.jpg

The battery bag worked great, but the 14 pound battery broke my rear rack from all the pounding.

That was mainly due to my poor rack design and it's a full suspension e-bike where the rack isn't supported very well.
(It can't attach to the seatpost because of the moving swing arm. )

I've thought about this, and I have come to the conclusion that long term use of a heavy battery in a rack might not be a good idea.
As @PCeBiker suggests, the bouncing around of a heavy battery can cause damage. It's not the rack that is critical, but the battery and cells within that are critical.
I think that I'd rather put a spare in a backpack...

I carry my spare batteries in a pannier, such as this one:

This keeps the center of gravity lower and the pannier can be padded with extra clothing for protection.
This particular pannier is also convertible into a backpack should I choose to carry it that way. I rarely do it though, since the thought of being thrown off the bike and a flaming battery strapped to my back is a bit disconcerting. This is just me being paranoid though.

Rambo also makes a pannier that will fit the rack you chose:

Last edited:
Back