Turbo Vado 5.0 ugh rack and hills

Tyler S

Hi all - thinking about buying a lightly used (somehow only 60 miles on odometer) Turbo Vado 5.0 IGH that the guys says is a 2021 model (my incredulity comes from me only being able to find evidence of specialized making the uhh with a belt drive for Turbo Vado from 2022 on…so maybe it’s a 2022, or I suck at internet research). Wants $3k for the bike.

2 questions - 1) I’ve got a bit of a balky knee from an old college injury and slightly hesitant about a bike without a throttle after I’ve been riding a juiced CCS for the past 5 years, so would welcome views on its hill climbing (nothing crazy but maybe 300-500 feet climb in my commute).

And 2) can anyone tell me the diameter of the rear rack tubes? Trying to determine whether my two-wheel gear garment bag pannier (which I highly recommend) will fit. Thanks!

Hi all - thinking about buying a lightly used (somehow only 60 miles on odometer) Turbo Vado 5.0 IGH that the guys says is a 2021 model (my incredulity comes from me only being able to find evidence of specialized making the uhh with a belt drive for Turbo Vado from 2022 on…so maybe it’s a 2022, or I suck at internet research). Wants $3k for the bike.

2 questions - 1) I’ve got a bit of a balky knee from an old college injury and slightly hesitant about a bike without a throttle after I’ve been riding a juiced CCS for the past 5 years, so would welcome views on its hill climbing (nothing crazy but maybe 300-500 feet climb in my commute).

And 2) can anyone tell me the diameter of the rear rack tubes? Trying to determine whether my two-wheel gear garment bag pannier (which I highly recommend) will fit. Thanks!
Wow 60 miles? Talking about an expensive coat hanger, is it manual or automatic shift? Mine is automatic shift, love it, 2022, never had any issues, no problems on any hills I’ve been on very good and silent motor, best natural feel of any bike you can buy, I think the market has changed, I’d be smiling all the way to the bank if I got $3k for mine, a year ago you could buy one for 3900 new, I think they are back to $5k. The rack uses mik accessories, you can buy the plate to install on your bags

Thanks for the input! Yeah it’s the enviolo automatic shifter. And yeah I wasn’t in the market for a bike last year unfortunately, so missed that window. Now you can’t even find them in bike stores. Might see if I can get him to come down on the price a bit though.

Thanks for the input! Yeah it’s the enviolo automatic shifter. And yeah I wasn’t in the market for a bike last year unfortunately, so missed that window. Now you can’t even find them in bike stores. Might see if I can get him to come down on the price a bit though.
It's a great bike. There are enough settings to control motor power and cadence..... And a whole lot of torque too.... Enough that I would think you could make it as easy or as difficult to pedal as you wish. If you have difficulties with that bike then you likely would have difficulties with any bike.
If you post a picture I can easily tell you if it's a 2021 or a 2022. There was a big stylistic change between those two years. The 2022 in my opinion is desirable.
Yeah you missed the sale price a year ago. 3k for that bike with 60 mi on it..... Particularly if it is a 2022..... I would call that a good deal. I do see that some have come available recently at full retail but only in certain sizes and colors and configurations. These have been largely out of stock for the last year.

That’s really helpful input, I appreciate it. Here are the pics…

Attachments

• IMG_5367.png
    IMG_5367.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5368.png
    IMG_5368.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_5369.png
    IMG_5369.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_5370.png
    IMG_5370.png
    825.1 KB · Views: 72
That’s really helpful input, I appreciate it. Here are the pics…
That is a 2022 or newer for sure. I call that a good deal. There is no difference between 2022 models of that bike and current models of that bike that I am aware of.

Take it for a good ride, it takes a little time to get used to the auto shift, I’ve had mine 2 years and I don’t even like riding my grandson's rockhopper, the bike wii not have as much power as your bike, but it is very smooth and quiet. You can also micro tune the percentage of battery power you want I did several 75 mile rides with 25% battery left, the brakes are good but noisy, been that way since day one, if they are that hard to find, might be a good deal, I would assume it’s been stored dry with the battery removed, last time I looked the battery was $1200 good luck you will not be disappointed

Take it for a good ride, it takes a little time to get used to the auto shift, I’ve had mine 2 years and I don’t even like riding my grandson's rockhopper, the bike wii not have as much power as your bike, but it is very smooth and quiet. You can also micro tune the percentage of battery power you want I did several 75 mile rides with 25% battery left, the brakes are good but noisy, been that way since day one, if they are that hard to find, might be a good deal, I would assume it’s been stored dry with the battery removed, last time I looked the battery was $1200 good luck you will not be disappointed
Thanks for the input!

The 2022 has a 24T rear gear, the new ones have a 22T gear. I put a 22T on mine, not even sure I like it, may try the 24T again

Has it been confirmed that the bikes are shipping with 22T cogs from Specialized now? I knew people were replacing them on their own, but I haven't heard they Specialized is shipping them that way. If that's true, I'll swap out my 24T.

Back