MK1 COMP CARBON CREO UPDATE.

Amoto65

Just a quick update on my Creo which is now 4yrs old. So far it has done just under 6000mls averaging 70mls per charge and 3400ft of ascent per charge, consumables so far are 2 sets of tyres, 4 chains, 2 cassettes and 2 chain rings 2 sets of brake pads and 2 sets of discs, these all include the original ones, 2nd chainring was a swop to 38t to aid climbing, rear wheel bearings changed 1000mls ago for £10 from local bearing shop, flat bar conversion done 2yrs ago due to bad back, TCU battery changed once. Bike still going strong. Not sure if this information is any use to anyone but there you are.

Useful to me, so thanks! I just went over 6600 miles on my 2 1/2 yr old Creo and I’m still on the original chain and cassette. Getting ready to put on an 11/46 cassette if I can find one, already had three different chain rings at 46, 42 and 40. Currently on the 42, since while I liked the 40 for climbing, it limited me on the other end. Looking forward to seeing how it behaves with a 42/46 on the steeper stuff.

On second set of tires, replaced the Pathfinder Sports with the Pros, very much like them. Never a flat on any of them yet.

I see you are from New York home of some of my favorite bands, correct me if I'm wrong but weren't E- bikes as well as tattooing illegal at one point there?.

Don’t know about tattoos… NYC was a bit tough on ebikes for years, but I think they’ve backed off in the last year. Fortunately we are 200 miles north of there and around here there are some pretty fancy ebikes all over the place and I have never heard of any issues. I rode across the whole state on the Erie Canal route a few years ago on a then legally questionable class three Trek and had no problems, and on occasion ride along one of the bike paths around here with the Albany County sheriffs bike guys on my Creo. Class Threes are apparently sort of restricted in some cases, but I don’t know what they are and it has just never been a problem in my nearly 24000 miles of ebiking.

Having said all of the above, there is a newly opened rail trail between Lake Placid and Saranac Lake, soon to be extended to Tupper Lake, in the nearby Adirondacks that is specifically restricted to Class One bikes, and cyclists in Lake Placid tend to be a little fussy. When I get up there to ride that it will be on my former Giant Toughroad if I can steal it back from my son for the day, or a rental from one of the shops in LP. However, I ride my Creo all over the Adirondacks routinely as do a lot of other people. That trail‘s rules I will respect since they are new and clearly stated.

Just a quick update on my Creo which is now 4yrs old. So far it has done just under 6000mls averaging 70mls per charge and 3400ft of ascent per charge, consumables so far are 2 sets of tyres, 4 chains, 2 cassettes and 2 chain rings 2 sets of brake pads and 2 sets of discs, these all include the original ones, 2nd chainring was a swop to 38t to aid climbing, rear wheel bearings changed 1000mls ago for £10 from local bearing shop, flat bar conversion done 2yrs ago due to bad back, TCU battery changed once. Bike still going strong. Not sure if this information is any use to anyone but there you are.
can you post a pix of your bike like to see the flat bars on it, why didn't you get a vado sl instead ? just curious TIA

It was in lockdown when I got the bike off a friend at trade price, there weren't any vados available and I still thought I was going to be a pro racer at the age of 64 then ( deluded I know.

Attachments

• IMG_20230928_102214_147.jpg
    IMG_20230928_102214_147.jpg
    537.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20230928_102223_255.jpg
    IMG_20230928_102223_255.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20230928_102230_456.jpg
    IMG_20230928_102230_456.jpg
    611.4 KB · Views: 39
Back