Have you ever apologized for other bikers behavior

Brian-s

Region
USA
City
Kent ohio
Had my first long bike ride of the season, as my varia indicated a group of spandex riders coming up behind me. We were on a very narrow road no edge lines lots of turns lots of little hills lots of blind hills, a van was behind us patiently waiting to get past these blind spots The lead bikers were swerving all over the place even into the other lane. When we got to the bottom of the hill of course this group ran right through the stop sign the car pulled up next to me and lowered its window, I said I want to apologize and for all bicyclists these guys were idiots. Sadly she commented oh yes she lives in the area and she's used to these twits.

Even though these were not e-bikers, I felt the need to apologize and all bikers behalf because they were so wanting to get run over.

They were so dangerous, that when I ran up to them at our little Boston township rest stop, I became a Karen and I asked if they belong to a biking group fully intent on emailing that group about their behavior. They said they weren't.

Anyone else do this?

Have you ever apologised for other motor vehicle drivers behaviour?

Family members driving ...yes😁

I guess my apology was more just a way to sarcastically vent how frustrated I was with them after all I was one of the people they could have almost harmed.

Had my first long bike ride of the season, as my varia indicated a group of spandex riders coming up behind me. We were on a very narrow road no edge lines lots of turns lots of little hills lots of blind hills, a van was behind us patiently waiting to get past these blind spots The lead bikers were swerving all over the place even into the other lane. When we got to the bottom of the hill of course this group ran right through the stop sign the car pulled up next to me and lowered its window, I said I want to apologize and for all bicyclists these guys were idiots. Sadly she commented oh yes she lives in the area and she's used to these twits.

Even though these were not e-bikers, I felt the need to apologize and all bikers behalf because they were so wanting to get run over.

They were so dangerous, that when I ran up to them at our little Boston township rest stop, I became a Karen and I asked if they belong to a biking group fully intent on emailing that group about their behavior. They said they weren't.

Anyone else do this?
Hello,
I think what you did, apologizing was very honorable. The 'right' thing to do for all of use in the cycling community.
My view. More of us concerned cyclists should do whatever tiny bit of good will we can...There's tons of hate.

There are car /pickup truck drivers that 'hate' us. When a driver extends a safety or courtesy to
me as I ride, I always give them a big wave...It's my tiny bit of 'See, all Cyclists aren't idiots ...

It's very disheartening to witness self centered folks like you did.

Anyone else do this?
If the opportunity to apologize to a 3rd party came up, I'd do it.

Cycling needs all the good PR it can get — especially ebiking — and helping others understand that we're not all yahoos or jerks is in our long-term self-interest. Certainly no lack of cyclist behavior to be apologized for around here, and unmotorized roadies dressed for the Tour de France are over-represented in that regard.

I wouldn’t apologize for them but would join in calling them idiots.

Back