2018 Turbo Vado Bloks Help

fradubio

Region
USA
I took my 2018 Turbo Vado with the Bloks computer to the LBS for service and asked them to check the state of the battery because I've been losing quite a bit of distance at my last ride and they were unable to do connected the bike to anything.

The Specialized app doesn't connect to the bike, and they couldn't get their computer to connect to it. Does anyone have any suggestions? I recognize I probably need to replace the battery soon, but also wonder about the wisdom of spending $1K on a battery for a bike that isn't supported anymore. Though otherwise, I love the bike as my commuter!

Thanks

Six years is a lot as for a battery. What mileage on the e-bike?

You might ask the LBS whether they would convert your BLOKS to TCD-w and for how much. Then you would get the 2020 electronics that works with Mission Control and the new Specialized App.

Judge whether the conversion and possible battery replacement are viable for you.

We have a 2019 Vado 3 and a 2019 Como 2, both with the BLOKS. I knew the BLOKS had been replaced by the TCD, but because I bought my bikes after Specialized stopped offering the free TCD upgrades I figured I would just live with it. Then, about a year ago, I bought a brand new 2021 Como 4 from a bike shop that had been acquired by Trek so they were discounting their leftover Specialized. The 2021 Como 4 has the TCD on it and I am really liking it, and far more than I thought I would. Because I like it so much I now think I am interested in upgrading our 2019 Vado and Como to the TCD in the future, I am just not sure when. Perhaps when I retire in another year or so.

Back