Hybrid bike choice

Guvnor

Region
United Kingdom
Looking at a specialized Vado 5.0 sl turbo but have just seen the the new cube Editor slt 400x its similar money in the uk but has the new bosh performance sx motor on it with belt or they do a similar chain model , any thoughts on the bikes spec or advise please, of which may be best

That’s good to hear thank you , in The uk we do get this bike restricted too 😩
Although on here I see they might be an update soon ,it’s not that easy trying to find on in a shop only online

My advice is: buy from a local trusted store, and that would be Specialized.
Has Cube a local representation where you live? The Cube is a new model of an e-bike with a new Bosch SX motor. No one here has owned the new Cube or any SX e-bike in these Forums. It would be unwise to be an early adopter without a local bike store to take care. Meanwhile, the Vado SL community is one of the strongest on EBR.

1710838224044.png

My Vado SL 4.0 EQ on its way for a 104 km gravel/road ride of last Saturday. This e-bike has been with me for almost 3 years, no issues. On its way to become the unequipped gravel version (works in progress). It I knew my real needs when I was buying Fearless, that would be a 5.0 un-EQ; however, no nice colour was available for that version in 2021.

Last edited:
My Vado 5.0 has been flawless, had it since 2022 for full price, if you could find it used one sold here for 2500 bucks, I had a Cube in 2019, had quality issues with mine , could not get anybody on the phone, LBS is very important to me

Back