Looking for handguards for Winter use

fuyume

Region
USA
I'm considering adding handguards to my ebike to help keep the wind off my hands in Winter. I normally wear leather motorcycle gauntlets, and they are usually warm enough, but there are times when they need a little extra help.

All the handguards I've seen are marketed primarily to motorcyclists or mountain bikers. I'm not worried about impact protection, and I don't want something with an insectoid motocross appearance. I'm an ebike primary transportation year-round rider in a sold climate.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I ride a 2022 RadPowerBikes RadMission.

Motorcycle grip guards pop in my head but I don't have any links to post. I had a set on my Adly scooter but gave them to a friend when I sold the scooter. They bolted on the bar by the grip. Like $20 off Amazon. Can't remember the brand but there were a bunch of choices. Also used the bar end mount ones before with mixed results.

I do not bolt guards to the bike, I wear them. Carry them in a bag with helmet and reflective vest.
I use farmer mittens from Rural King down to 15 F. Wells Lamont Brand. Down to 0 F I wear oven mitts from the dollar store over them. Wearing those I can pull brake handles and push the front shifter buttons with my thumb, but cannot twist the rear shifter.
I carry 3 levels of gloves in the winter, 2 in spring/fall, 1 in summer. Only carry oven mitts in January, for necessary rides to grocery, bank, doctor's office. 0-10 F only lasts a few days.

I was thinking of something similar to these, which are apparently marketed specifically for certain Harley-Davidson models, so it seems they don't come with mounting hardware, as the are meant to attach directly to the clutch and brake lever housings of those motorcycles. My gauntlets keep my hand warm enough most of the time, but sometimes, when it's really cold out, and I'm going fast, just a little bit of a wind break would be helpful. I don't feel like I need heated grips, and I also feel like those bar mitts would be really cumbersome to deal with for the short shopping rides that are the majority of my trips. It's only 3-4 miles from one end of my town to the other, so my round trips are less than 10 miles.

61wsICwKn2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I'm considering adding handguards to my ebike to help keep the wind off my hands in Winter. I normally wear leather motorcycle gauntlets, and they are usually warm enough, but there are times when they need a little extra help.

All the handguards I've seen are marketed primarily to motorcyclists or mountain bikers. I'm not worried about impact protection, and I don't want something with an insectoid motocross appearance. I'm an ebike primary transportation year-round rider in a sold climate.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I ride a 2022 RadPowerBikes RadMission.
I purchased these this winter. They are fantastic. No need to wear gloves. Warm and toasty. I had a larger smowmobile pair that were canvas and bulky. These are smaller and warmer as they have faux fur inside. $13.00, I couldn't believe it.

mits.jpg

I was thinking of something similar to these, which are apparently marketed specifically for certain Harley-Davidson models, so it seems they don't come with mounting hardware, as the are meant to attach directly to the clutch and brake lever housings of those motorcycles.

I suggest you have a look at Barkbusters, then. Barkbusters are considered the bee's knees in the dual sport adventure motorcycle riding.

Back