Hot grips?

MinnBobber

Are there hot grips available for E bikes?
I just bought an E mountain bike fatty and will be riding in cold Minnesota winters. I was very surprised that my dealer said there is no such thing as electric hot grips, that they are aware of.

Is there such a thing? Please give a link on where I can buy such or get information on them. Thank you.

Are there hot grips available for E bikes?
I just bought an E mountain bike fatty and will be riding in cold Minnesota winters. I was very surprised that my dealer said there is no such thing as electric hot grips, that they are aware of.

Is there such a thing? Please give a link on where I can buy such or get information on them. Thank you.
mostly 12V motorcycle versions, you can get 5v ones that run off power banks, they need 2.1 amps, maybe your bike has high power usb.
You can buy 50v to 12v converters to run straight off battery

Thess are not hot grips, but I believe pogies are popular for winter riding. Maybe an alternative option?

45nrth-cobrafist-pogies_1.jpg

Search for universal motorcycle grip heater pad.

They are elements on a mylar tape that you put under the grips, when you put 12 v across them they get hot, so on the motorbikes we usually run a 2 stage switch / resister for low setting. I imagine a more sophisticated dial would be better. From memory, they chewed through around 10 w

I ran them on various dirt and adv bikes for decades, absolutely loved them - sorry, but the ebike is for fun and riding in the cold isn't fun.

Not at all fun to ride in freezing weather.
I rather be hot than freezing.

You can always put on extra clothing to deal with the cold, but there's only so much you can remove in the heat. I try and avoid hard riding over 40 c

I used something similar like @Aushiker with Bar Mitt when I work commute during winter. It only gets in the low teens on average during winter in the southwest; but, feels much colder with windchill and headwind at +20 mph on an ebike. I've tried all types of heavy duty and bulky winter riding gloves and my finger tip were still numb when I get to work. Bar Mitts worked so well keeping my hands warm and I was able to use my lighter full finger padded fall riding gloves. They attach very easy with velcro in under a minute ($50, Amazon). I did have a few morning rides in the single digits and I used the warm in hot water gel heating pads to toss into the Bar Mitts on the 30-40 minute ride to work.

Bar Mitts.jpg

Back