Stationary XPedition?

michaelhersch

Region
USA
Idea:
Simple but sturdy rack to convert a XPedition or any other Lectric bike into a temp. indoor stationary exercise bike for the winter months. I know there are such things for regular bikes but from what I have seen none look easily adaptable for us ebikers.

Figuring the design and welding genius at Lectric could wipe something up easily enough.

Thoughts?

Years ago, I used an earlier version of this trainer for my Trek conventional bike:

I had difficulty adapting it for use with my ebike though. Regulating the pedal resistance was the main issue.

Rather than spend more $$ on another trainer, I bought a used stationary exercise bike on eBay. I decided it made no sense to put unnecessary wear on an expensive ebike. The stationary bike took up less floor space and there was no time wasted in mounting the ebike when I wanted to use it. It also kept the ebike ready to ride on a moments notice. I took the seatpost & saddle off my ebike and used it on the stationary bike to keep my butt in condition.

People do use trainers with their ebikes though. The trick is to find one that will work with your Lectric. Hopefully, adjusting the pedal resistance won't be an issue.

I don't have stationary bike.
I go for 1 hour walking. To keep my blood pressure management

Years ago, I used an earlier version of this trainer for my Trek conventional bike:

I had difficulty adapting it for use with my ebike though. Regulating the pedal resistance was the main issue.

Rather than spend more $$ on another trainer, I bought a used stationary exercise bike on eBay. I decided it made no sense to put unnecessary wear on an expensive ebike. The stationary bike took up less floor space and there was no time wasted in mounting the ebike when I wanted to use it. It also kept the ebike ready to ride on a moments notice. I took the seatpost & saddle off my ebike and used it on the stationary bike to keep my butt in condition.

People do use trainers with their ebikes though. The trick is to find one that will work with your Lectric. Hopefully, adjusting the pedal resistance won't be an issue.
Right I can see how the peddle resistance would be a challenge. Thanks for the feedback..

Back