Momentum Transend error light issues?

Lenlin

Region
Australia
Hi All, first off thanks for reading this...... as noted my bike has a white and red light flashing which started a few days ago ...... then it loses pedal assisted power.

I have owned this 2022 a "demo" model bike for 10 months and purchased it for half the RRP from a store in Perth on 02/2023 about 80kms away from my home and I love the no derailleur gears and the mid motor etc but today during my ride the control panel was blinking with a white and red light that according to the Giant app scan it is the sync motor, I also noted that the battery health was 92%.....
I turned it off and on again and for 100 metres or so it was okay then they came back flashing, reset it again and it just repeated the red and white light after 100 metres.......

So eventually I drove over to my LOCAL Giant retail shore who sells the momentum range for some advice but as I did not buy my bike at his store they will not touch it as it is under warranty and apparently there are issues with payment doing any work for Momentum/Giant so I have to take it back to where it was originally purchased (this tells me a lot about Momentum as a company) but though the guy in the shop was reasonable in giving me some advice on what to check first such as the magnets placing and to remove the battery and reset it(which I cannot remove), he firstly accused me of modifying the bike to make it go faster, which I had not and I was very offended at his accusation ......

its not like I just wandered in to his shop as I have supported this shop with many a puncture repaired here eventually purchasing puncture proof tubes and tyres, got a Giant U-lock and had my bike serviced all at this local store.......

Attachments

• 20230308_135758.jpg
    20230308_135758.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
  • 20231108_182224.jpg
    20231108_182224.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 20231108_182620.jpg
    20231108_182620.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 52
Terrible customer service. I would expect it better from the largest global bicycle company but it looks it is down to a specific LBS and a person...

Back