Rush/Cty Speed sizing question

Hipertec

Region
USA
Hi everyone..im 5'5 with 28" inseam (short legs lol).

I tried a rush cty in Small which seems OK in fit but couldn't test fit a Medium. The top frame standing even is right at my pant center so not sure how much more room I have with a medium size. I do notice that when i turn the handle my tip of my shoes sometimes touch the fender end just a bit.

With that said... Do you think the Small is too small or is a Medium Rush/Cty better? I do sit a bit more upright in a Small. Anyone with experience with small/medium Rush/Cty Speed in fit, my concern is with the toe tip touching the fender in a small and if that is OK.

Anyone around my size tried the Small or Medium rush/cty?

The Serial 1 website has a size calculator. Using it with your dimensions, it says your a size small.

I am 5’9” with 30” inseam and have a medium. My sizing puts me between a medium and large per the calculator. I preferred the medium frame for the additional top tube clearance versus the large.

Do you place the ball of your foot on the peddle versus the center or heal of your foot? If not, maybe try that to reduce hitting the fender

The Serial 1 website has a size calculator. Using it with your dimensions, it says your a size small.

I am 5’9” with 30” inseam and have a medium. My sizing puts me between a medium and large per the calculator. I preferred the medium frame for the additional top tube clearance versus the large.

Do you place the ball of your foot on the peddle versus the center or heal of your foot? If not, maybe try that to reduce hitting the fender
I'm not positive, but it doesn't look like the height or reach calculator entries have any impact on sizing; it's seems to be entirely up to inseam length. With that said, the range for the medium size is 29" to 31". If accurate, a 30" inseam is 'exactly' between a small and large so you definitely got the correct size bike.

Regardless, my inseam dimension is a bit less (height is the same), so I appreciate what looks like confirmation I have ordered the correct size ebike, too (medium), which is scheduled to arrive on Sunday. It's important because I'm not exactly limber and my current ebike is a step-through. I'm hopeful that the relatively low top-tube of the Serial 1 ebike won't be that much more difficult to mount.

So you’re 5’9”, not 5’5” as your original post indicated? if so, I agree a medium would be right for you.

So you’re 5’9”, not 5’5” as your original post indicated? if so, I agree a medium would be right for you.
Thanks for the feedback. No I am 5'5" and did use the size calculator from the website. Because my inseam is 28" it put me in at Small. But when I move to 29" to moves to Medium.
Maybe a medium with me being 5'5" may be overall a big frame to handle? Was hoping for anyone when with similar inseam and height and bike for any input.
I did notice that when I place my ball of the foot, it does help with just a bit of clearance.

I'm not positive, but it doesn't look like the height or reach calculator entries have any impact on sizing; it's seems to be entirely up to inseam length. With that said, the range for the medium size is 29" to 31". If accurate, a 30" inseam is 'exactly' between a small and large so you definitely got the correct size bike.

Regardless, my inseam dimension is a bit less (height is the same), so I appreciate what looks like confirmation I have ordered the correct size ebike, too (medium), which is scheduled to arrive on Sunday. It's important because I'm not exactly limber and my current ebike is a step-through. I'm hopeful that the relatively low top-tube of the Serial 1 ebike won't be that much more difficult to mount.

Rudiger, did your Medium come in? How did it fit for you?

Rudiger, did your Medium come in? How did it fit for you?
It came in as scheduled. Unfortunately, I never got a chance to check the sizing.

I was following the unboxing and set-up instructions, both by the manual and a youtube video. The first thing I noticed was a couple of small scuff marks on the end curves of the rear rack. No biggie, used a black marker and touched them up.

But when I got to installing the front fender, things got more serious. The right fender attachment boss was okay, but the left one looked like someone just put a big blob of solder in the hole where the boss was supposed to be. I began screwing in the nut to hold the fender on, and the solder fell inside the fork, leaving a big ~1/2" hole. I don't have the know-how to repair something like that, certainly not to where it would look like new.

I guess I could have just ridden it without the front fender or called BB or Serial 1, taken it to a competent LBS, and maybe they could have, somehow, repaired it at BB or Serial's cost, but I was too irritated at that point and just wasn't up to it the hassle. So, I just reboxed everything and returned it to BB. I would have taken an exchange but, as everyone knows, they ran out of them sometime ago, so all they could do was apologize and give me my money back.

Back