New front light and adding a wired rear light.

Tinker

I was lamenting the lack of posting here when this forum was so lively and helpful back in 2020. The solution of course is for me to actually make a post.
I recently ordered some lights from https://ride.lezyne.com/collections/led-lights-e-bike
The ebike macro drive 500 seems like a decent upgrade for the awful stock light and the rear superbright seems like a nice addition and will fit well to the back of the rear rack.
I'll update this with my success or failure.

200w.gif

Lol. I acknowledge @goldconch as the OG Dolphin modder.
So the lights arrived and I'm very happy with them, the rear light is perfect for the rack and the front light will easily mount to the fork instead of the 3 holes I'll need for my front rack (when it arrives). I'll write a more detailed post when they are installed but right now I'm waiting on a small voltage regulator that'll take the voltage down from 36v to the 6-12v required by the lights. The lights are a special case because I want to use the same circuit as the existing light so I can turn them off and on from the display input, but conceivably I could use the same voltage regulator boards to run any dc powered device - a phone charger, a powered speaker or electric horn. The possibilities!
My plan is to shorten the existing light cable back to the controller box which gives me 36v switched from the display, add one of these - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076H3XHXP?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
Set it at 6-12v and run both lights off that.

I have a lot of stuff coming in the mail - Dahon fenders and large dahon front basket with quick release truss. Not sure if it's going to work but I also have 3" rise bmx handlebars coming, I hate the current handlebar and it is super crowded, these will be sturdier and I can use cross bar to mount the lcd8 and a decent phone holder. Adapting or fabricating a better bracket for the lcd 8, grip shift gears and lower profile brake levers are all on my mind. If I'm clever I can lose both the lever clamps on the handlebar and stem, I never use them in the rare instance that i do fold the bike.

Attachments

• IMG_8433.JPG
    IMG_8433.JPG
    437.1 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_8441.JPG
    IMG_8441.JPG
    479 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_8434.JPG
    IMG_8434.JPG
    285.5 KB · Views: 222
Lol. I acknowledge @goldconch as the OG Dolphin modder.
So the lights arrived and I'm very happy with them, the rear light is perfect for the rack and the front light will easily mount to the fork instead of the 3 holes I'll need for my front rack (when it arrives). I'll write a more detailed post when they are installed but right now I'm waiting on a small voltage regulator that'll take the voltage down from 36v to the 6-12v required by the lights. The lights are a special case because I want to use the same circuit as the existing light so I can turn them off and on from the display input, but conceivably I could use the same voltage regulator boards to run any dc powered device - a phone charger, a powered speaker or electric horn. The possibilities!
My plan is to shorten the existing light cable back to the controller box which gives me 36v switched from the display, add one of these - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076H3XHXP?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
Set it at 6-12v and run both lights off that.

I have a lot of stuff coming in the mail - Dahon fenders and large dahon front basket with quick release truss. Not sure if it's going to work but I also have 3" rise bmx handlebars coming, I hate the current handlebar and it is super crowded, these will be sturdier and I can use cross bar to mount the lcd8 and a decent phone holder. Adapting or fabricating a better bracket for the lcd 8, grip shift gears and lower profile brake levers are all on my mind. If I'm clever I can lose both the lever clamps on the handlebar and stem, I never use them in the rare instance that i do fold the bike.
Thanks @Tinker looking forward to seeing your finished ride. Some other EBR brand threads are using Handlebar Extenders to de-clutter, or maybe super-clutter, not sure which. In any case they are cheap, and offer space to go full Pee-Wee Herman. The 3" rise bars will improve the riding position, and shift some weight back off the front tire. Good idea.

Back