450 miles and counting

I purchased a Trek Verve+ in late May and love it. I bike a short 4 mile trip ( with one steep hill) 5 times a week for my Silver Sneakers and strength machines and ride our local rail-trail weekends. We just returned from the Finger Lakes in NY where we did a mix of trail and quiet road riding. The bike does every thing I I hoped it would. It allows me to keep up with my younger stronger wife, she's 64, I am 72, my younger friends and aids in my continuing recovery from 2 brain surgeries, radiation and severe spinal arthritis. My legs will always be weak but the fun factor has returned to biking.
The bike has performed flawlessly and is easy to maintain. I love EBR and check in every night and always learn something. I am at the bottom of the knowledge and experience ladder but it doesn't stop me from saying "WOW" at the postings and pictures. Keep up the great work!

Attachments

• IMG_0586.jpg
    IMG_0586.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 426
Welcome.
Congratulations on finding a physical hobby you can do. Some exercise with more visual appeal than weight machines. We baby boomers need some exercise to keep us fit & sharp. Swimming would be safer, but I never enjoyed that even when I was young. And I'd have to ride the bike 8 miles RT to reach the Y anyway.
Enjoy yourselves.

Welcome Jeff ! The electric assist bikes make the miles seem the roll by ! It is great to hear your experience... and the continued riding.

Finger Lakes region should be great ... I’m jealous !

Welcome to the E-bike world Jeff - you won't regret buying one. A good friend of mine just bought a Trek Verve + and I thought it was a very fine bike. I'm very glad to see you are happy with it and I'm sure she will be too. I hope it helps you with your health problems, but I know it will give you a great deal of pure enjoyment.

Welcome to the E-bike world Jeff - you won't regret buying one. A good friend of mine just bought a Trek Verve + and I thought it was a very fine bike. I'm very glad to see you are happy with it and I'm sure she will be too. I hope it helps you with your health problems, but I know it will give you a great deal of pure enjoyment.
So far so good. It has exceeded all my expectations! ?

It's great to be on the bottom rung of the knowledge ladder--wonderful to always have more to learn! I'm down here on the bottom of that ebike knowledge ladder, too, and always learning more. :)

I purchased a Trek Verve+ in late May and love it. I bike a short 4 mile trip ( with one steep hill) 5 times a week for my Silver Sneakers and strength machines and ride our local rail-trail weekends. We just returned from the Finger Lakes in NY where we did a mix of trail and quiet road riding. The bike does every thing I I hoped it would. It allows me to keep up with my younger stronger wife, she's 64, I am 72, my younger friends and aids in my continuing recovery from 2 brain surgeries, radiation and severe spinal arthritis. My legs will always be weak but the fun factor has returned to biking.
The bike has performed flawlessly and is easy to maintain. I love EBR and check in every night and always learn something. I am at the bottom of the knowledge and experience ladder but it doesn't stop me from saying "WOW" at the postings and pictures. Keep up the great work!

Welcome to the forum Jeff. Hope you have many safe and enjoyable years on your new ride. I have so many other E-bikes that I have on my bucket list to try and possibly purchase moving forward. This is just the beginning and a great time to get in!

Back