Brompton Electric APP

GeoffH

Region
United Kingdom
City
Newcastle upon Tyne
At long last Brompton have released the APP for their electric bike.
This was promised as “coming soon” when they launched their electric bike. I believed them and bought one of the very first straight from the factory. It never came, until now.
The APP, on your iPhone, logs the distance covered since you bought the bike, current speed etc etc.
The most important thing for me is you can change the power from your phone attached to the handle bars rather than having to either stop or lean over the bars to change power.

At long last Brompton have released the APP for their electric bike.
This was promised as “coming soon” when they launched their electric bike. I believed them and bought one of the very first straight from the factory. It never came, until now.
The APP, on your iPhone, logs the distance covered since you bought the bike, current speed etc etc.
The most important thing for me is you can change the power from your phone attached to the handle bars rather than having to either stop or lean over the bars to change power.
Good stuff, the Brompton US site also mentions the firmware update communicates with the phone app using Bluetooth Low Energy, which according to Wikipedia consumes between 10%-50% of the energy used by traditional bluetooth, which is nice.

I have now used the APP for approx 100 miles and am very impressed.... the ability to change the power setting "on the move" is what the Brompton Electric needed from day one.
OK its my third electric Brompton... the first was an unmitigated disaster and I received a full refund from Brompton.... the second was a lot better but had problems with the power coming in too quickly and it "threw me off" a couple of times when starting off on a loose surface!... so I sold it.... The third one I bought when I'd ordered a non electric one but got fed up waiting for it and when I read about the APP I bought an Electric H6L and installed the APP on my phone.... fabulous!
If Brompton had sorted their initial electric issues and brought out the APP as promised, I'd have saved a small fortune as I got fed up with the brand after Brompton Electric No.2 and bought a Cube Compact 20 which was a great ride, but a real faff to get on my tow bar bike rack etc etc..... so instead of buying and keeping No1 (which was refunded) I bought a second one which I sold and bought the Cube which I had to sell.
This one is "a keeper"!
BCA0A3A7-841F-4520-A8AA-B05129FEFB47_1_201_a.jpeg

Back