CUSTOMIZED REVI BIKES CHEETAH VINTAGE CAFE RACER PHOTOS

Mr Miyagi

Region
USA
City
OC SoCal
Post up photos of your Cheetah Vintage Cafe Racer Photos here and share ideas that make it yours...

My Before and after photo:

3X5Uixm.jpg

GhFBLpd.jpg

Oh my! Your "Bonnie" is super cool!! Absolutely love the gum wall tires too! Did this Cheetah come with the shorter fenders?

Nice bike.

I would not call that a cafe racer though.
That looks more like bobber or cruiser.

Cafe racer has a lot more aggressive stance.
I agree with you Timpo, Cheetah’s are much more bobber/cruiser style bikes. Cafe Racers tended to have low bars, bikini fairings and more of a road racing heritage. I believe the importers got that a bit twisted during the bikes introduction...

This is exactly the problem with ebike companies these days.

They don't even know what they're selling, they're not motorcycle fans, or bicycle fans, they don't know what kind of mid drive of hub drive system the bike has, or what kind of battery cells or BMS.

They're simply some random company purchasing ebikes in batch and re-selling to US customers.
It’s not just bicycle distributors. In the market for a new motorcycle, car, truck, RV, boat and try to get a straight answer...It is the unfortunate sign of our times. Good news is we have the world wide web at our beck n call. Gotta read the reviews and research your own conclusions, which by the way, may most probably work out for the better...

Blue Flame Edition...
20201216_155946.jpg

20201216_160635.jpg

Greetings fat tire Cheetah owners and fellow cyclists. My bike has came a long way since the fenderless days a year and a half ago. It has served me well with no maintenance issues and remains a joy to own and ride. I have upgraded my seat, added mirrors, fenders, rear rack, and a LED brake light over the last year.
I learned early on that I wanted to change out the ring gear for better cadence but wasn't sure about the difficulty, gear size, or possibly removing my chain guard permanently. But with a little research and information provided by other owners that made the changes before me, I felt competent to go for it.
I researched ring gears meeting our specs and wanted one with a guard, figuring I would loose the factory chain guard with the larger gear.
I chose the LASCO 52T Forged Crankset, 170mm Forged Arms, with CNC Aluminum Chain Guard. It has a different look to it compared to some others and looked like it would go well with the Cheetahs bold looks. Some red, black, and platinum, light weight, zoomy looking, Meroca pedals were added to finish the job.
The Lasco 52t turned out to be a great choice for me. I was pleased with the look and the difference it made for a better workout, resistance, and overall cruising experience.
To add to my riding pleasure I extensively researched handle bar grips. I came up with these ergonomic Ergon GP1 BioKork Grips, tan and black. Made in Germany, the GP1's are designed for sweptback handlebars and available in both long and short sizes for use with throttle ebikes and grip shifters.
My factory black leather stitched grips were nice, but pale in comparison to these new ergonomic beauties. What a great feel. I feel like I'm piloting a starship or something. Make it so! Whoosh!!!
Photo of my first day test ride in the driveway, before and after photos attached of the gear change, and shots of the new grips. Both highly recommended.
Keep it upright, safe, and out of the ditches. Best regards and a Happy New Year to all!
20201223_001226.jpg

20201216_145905.jpg

20201216_222622.jpg

View attachment 74915

Attachments

• 20201216_155607.jpg
    20201216_155607.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 605
  • 20201216_214314.jpg
    20201216_214314.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 607
  • 20201223_035638.jpg
    20201223_035638.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 640
  • 20201216_155115.jpg
    20201216_155115.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 755
Last edited:
Blue Flame Edition...View attachment 74917
View attachment 74920

Greetings fat tire Cheetah owners and fellow cyclists. My bike has came a long way since the fenderless days a year and a half ago. It has served me well with no maintenance issues and remains a joy to own and ride. I have upgraded my seat, added mirrors, fenders, rear rack, and a LED brake light over the last year.
I learned early on that I wanted to change out the ring gear for better cadence but wasn't sure about the difficulty, gear size, or possibly removing my chain guard permanently. But with a little research and information provided by other owners that made the changes before me, I felt competent to go for it.
I researched ring gears meeting our specs and wanted one with a guard, figuring I would loose the factory chain guard with the larger gear.
I chose the LASCO 52T Forged Crankset, 170mm Forged Arms, with CNC Aluminum Chain Guard. It has a different look to it compared to some others and looked like it would go well with the Cheetahs bold looks. Some red, black, and platinum, light weight, zoomy looking, Meroca pedals were added to finish the job.
The Lasco 52t turned out to be a great choice for me. I was pleased with the look and the difference it made for a better workout, resistance, and overall cruising experience.
To add to my riding pleasure I extensively researched handle bar grips. I came up with these ergonomic Ergon GP1 BioKork Grips, tan and black. Made in Germany, the GP1's are designed for sweptback handlebars and available in both long and short sizes for use with throttle ebikes and grip shifters.
My factory black leather stitched grips were nice, but pale in comparison to these new ergonomic beauties. What a great feel. I feel like I'm piloting a starship or something. Make it so! Whoosh!!!
Photo of my first day test ride in the driveway, before and after photos attached of the gear change, and shots of the new grips. Both highly recommended.
Keep it upright, safe, and out of the ditches. Best regards and a Happy New Year to all!
View attachment 74912
View attachment 74918
View attachment 74913
View attachment 74915
Sweet ride with the upgrades! ;)

Hey JC, Your upgrades all look great! and you’re photos always post perfectly too. Glad to see you were able to switch to a larger chain ring and those pedals match very nicely as well.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year wishes to all.

I think you’re making a great choice. I believe the Wicked Thumb McQueen 750 Blvd with the Apes would have been my pick too seeing how my Cheetah
came out looking very close in concept except for my 9.5” tall mid-ape bars and their white walls.
I know for a fact that my scoot couldn’t be duplicated for $2699.00 either. These guys have it together!! Gotta love their entry level McQueen 500 for
$1999.00 as well! My Cheetah was 2650 OTD with an extra set of black “tanks” full fendered with the rack and head light grill so best wishes to you
and let the cruising begin!!
Happy New Year

I think you’re making a great choice. I believe the Wicked Thumb McQueen 750 Blvd with the Apes would have been my pick too seeing how my Cheetah
came out looking very close in concept except for my 9.5” tall mid-ape bars and their white walls.
I know for a fact that my scoot couldn’t be duplicated for $2699.00 either. These guys have it together!! Gotta love their entry level McQueen 500 for
$1999.00 as well! My Cheetah was 2650 OTD with an extra set of black “tanks” full fendered with the rack and head light grill so best wishes to you
and let the cruising begin!!
Happy New Year
Thank you for such a warm reply
Happy new year and cruising to you as well

My custom Cheetah. Carbon fiber laminated covers. Fork bag. Converted "Doom" (the pc game) man purses to saddle bags. Chopped front fender. Additions: Cloud 9 saddle and aftermarket light bracket and handle bar tip mirrors, blue tooth speaker. To be continued, I'm sure.
20201211_163751.jpg
20201212_144453.jpg
20201121_142353.jpg
Doom2.jpg
20201219_184833.jpg
20201226_113717.jpg
20201231_062411.jpg
20201231_062245.jpg

Awesome you found your way here Jim. Your hand made goodies show some fine craftsmanship! Love the CNC machined
headlight brackets and Big Brake upgrade too!! Thank you for posting your bad to the bone cruiser.
I too, believe this “bike” has turned into an ongoing project as well. I’m moving forward fabricating a Springer Front Fork for my 2021 project…
Happy New Years!!

Back