Rockstar owners

Taylor57

Has anyone received a Rockstar? I am tempted to order but wanted to hear from a few owners first...

I don't believe this model is even out yet. First deliveries are supposed to come in September sometime. I'm also looking forward to hearing feedback from owners. But for now we wait...

There is a discussion going on the Sondors Owners Facebook page right now. It appears that the first shipment of mid drive bikes may not leave China until late October, because some components are still in design or changing. Many are suggesting Christmas delivery is a real possibility.

There is a discussion going on the Sondors Owners Facebook page right now. It appears that the first shipment of mid drive bikes may not leave China until late October, because some components are still in design or changing. Many are suggesting Christmas delivery is a real possibility.

Oh my. Now I'm starting to feel better about not getting the last black Rockstar!

The discussion started on when in October they were shipping. Insiders with Sondors said that October was or should have been departure from China. Sometime in November shipping was mentioned, then Christmas arrival at customer's door came up by a couple of guys to suggest a realistic shipping date. Especially if sometime in November means the last week of November when holiday shipping starts getting heavy.

The discussion started on when in October they were shipping. Insiders with Sondors said that October was or should have been departure from China. Sometime in November shipping was mentioned, then Christmas arrival at customer's door came up by a couple of guys to suggest a realistic shipping date. Especially if sometime in November means the last week of November when holiday shipping starts getting heavy.

Having ordered an LX for "January" shipping it would be real nice if Sondors had a real forum outside of a Facebook owners group. I don't use Facebook and certainly don't plan on making an account just to get in touch with Sondors. Updating their website with shipping information would be nice and would probably save them a ton of customer service tickets for people just asking for updates.

You guys can keep asking, but none have left China yet. The October touted on early sales has now been said to describe the date leaving China, not showing up at customer. Not expected in California, from China, until late October if then. Most discussions settle on having them before Christmas. Just my interpretation from posts made on the Facebook owners page. I don't have inside info.

Last edited:
None have left China yet. The October touted on early sales has now been said to describe the date leaving China, not showing up at customer. Not expected in California, from China, until late October. Just my interpretation from posts made on the Facebook owners page. I don't have inside info.

So I guess it's really going to be November before anyone gets their hands on one of these mid drives. Really looking forward to some reviews and action footage. I imagine by the limited quantities that EBR probably won't be reviewing them for quite some time.

I was close to pulling the trigger on Rockstar for October delivery. Sounds like it might be a while eh?

This is an email received by a guy that shared it on the Sondors Facebook Owners Page, from Sondors. It's not a Rockstar, but I'd guess all their builds are going like this;
"Congratulations
You're one of the first SONDORS Cruiser owners, and being first is the best!
And while we all love to be first, it also means we're leading the way for everyone following us, and we're ready to brave whatever lies ahead, as the reward always outweighs the risk!
And today, we're writing you with a couple of announcements...
First, we have a new estimated delivery time for your SONDORS Cruiser.
Due to the extreme demand for high-end bike components around the globe, we've encountered challenges in obtaining all the necessary components to hand-build your Cruiser within our original production timeline. Therefore, we're having to update our delivery estimate from the end of October, now to the end of December.
Secondly, we know this likely comes as a disappointment. So in the meantime, to keep you engaged, informed and excited about your new purchase, we'll be creating a series of weekly videos called "Elite Fridays".
Every week on Friday, we'll be sending you a new video highlighting the features, components, riding experiences and more of each of our Elite Mid-Drive models.
Rest assured, all of us here at SONDORS have been working day and night to bring you the best electric transportation at the best prices possible, and to build and deliver your SONDORS Cruiser as quickly and seamlessly as possible.
We don’t mind rolling up our sleeves and putting in the extra time and work, because life is truly a ride, and we’re committed to ensuring that you love yours!
While the journey of getting your SONDORS Cruiser to you may be slower than any of us would like, we also know that some things are well worth the wait—like being the first, and your SONDORS Cruiser!
Thank you for being the best part of SONDORS!"

This is an email received by a guy that shared it on the Sondors Facebook Owners Page, from Sondors. It's not a Rockstar, but I'd guess all their builds are going like this;
"Congratulations
And while we all love to be first, it also means we're leading the way for everyone following us, and we're ready to brave whatever lies ahead, as the reward always outweighs the risk!
Due to the extreme demand for high-end bike components around the globe, we've encountered challenges in obtaining all the necessary components to hand-build your Cruiser within our original production timeline. Therefore, we're having to update our delivery estimate from the end of October, now to the end of December.
Secondly, we know this likely comes as a disappointment. So in the meantime, to keep you engaged, informed and excited about your new purchase, we'll be creating a series of weekly videos called "Elite Fridays".
Every week on Friday, we'll be sending you a new video highlighting the features, components, riding experiences and more of each of our Elite Mid-Drive models.
Rest assured, all of us here at SONDORS have been working day and night to bring you the best electric transportation at the best prices possible, and to build and deliver your SONDORS Cruiser as quickly and seamlessly as possible.
We don’t mind rolling up our sleeves and putting in the extra time and work, because life is truly a ride, and we’re committed to ensuring that you love yours!
While the journey of getting your SONDORS Cruiser to you may be slower than any of us would like, we also know that some things are well worth the wait—like being the first, and your SONDORS Cruiser!

I am totally down for Elite Fridays! I think that is exactly what I will need to hold me over. I'm not surprised about the delay. Between the rumors and basic common sense about global supply and demand during a world wide pandemic I had accepted a while ago that even my January ship date was likely a pipe dream. Giving future owners like myself and many others some video content to wet the palate shows they understand and appreciate those of us that did take the plunge on a set of bikes site unseen. Thank you for posting this update here since I can't benefit from the Facebook owners group which unfortunately seems like the go to place for information like this.

I am totally down for Elite Fridays! I think that is exactly what I will need to hold me over. I'm not surprised about the delay. Between the rumors and basic common sense about global supply and demand during a world wide pandemic I had accepted a while ago that even my January ship date was likely a pipe dream. Giving future owners like myself and many others some video content to wet the palate shows they understand and appreciate those of us that did take the plunge on a set of bikes site unseen. Thank you for posting this update here since I can't benefit from the Facebook owners group which unfortunately seems like the go to place for information like this.

So instead of getting your bike this month you are going to get some videos to watch? I dont get it...

So instead of getting your bike this month you are going to get some videos to watch? I dont get it...

I was never going to get it this month. I bought it for January shipping. Before I purchased I knew based on every other company and scores of people complaining about late deliveries since before summer that I wasn't getting the bike on time. So what that means I should never buy a bike? I'll take the videos for now and any more information available since I purchased it without ever actually seeing a real life version of it.

I was never going to get it this month. I bought it for January shipping. Before I purchased I knew based on every other company and scores of people complaining about late deliveries since before summer that I wasn't getting the bike on time. So what that means I should never buy a bike? I'll take the videos for now and any more information available since I purchased it without ever actually seeing a real life version of it.

Ok, I thought the first batch of Rockstars were comin in October...

"Congratulations

I got the same thing and I'm one the those 'first' to get it. Ship date is now 2+ months from original. Good thing I live in NE part of US since bike riding season, for me at least, is already winding down as Fall is here. I half expected this outcome honestly.

I got the same thing and I'm one the those 'first' to get it. Ship date is now 2+ months from original. Good thing I live in NE part of US since bike riding season, for me at least, is already winding down as Fall is here. I half expected this outcome honestly.

Which one did you purchase? I also have the same mindset being in NY, weather is starting to go the other way quick. I didn't even hear about the bikes until after the first batch sold out. I was on the fence about getting one until I heard the price offer was steeply discounted and wouldn't last. Potentially saving up to $1k for a high end bike was too hard to pass up.

Back