Cannondale Topstone Gravel Ebike

• Thread starter Deleted member 18083
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18083

This gravel-oriented ebike looks fabulous…

Cannondale Topstone Gravel Bike : Lefty Suspension Fork

Cannondale Topstone Gravel Bike : Rigid Fork

• Tyres: 40-622 (road & trail) or 48-584 (trail & even rougher).
  • Motor: Bosch Performance Line CX Gen4.
  • Battery: 500 Wh PowerTube
  • Front Suspension: Lefty Oliver suspension or conventional road-oriented fork
  • Rear Suspension: Kingpin – to absorb vibrations rather than jumps & bumps
  • Frame: carbon
Link to Cannondale Website

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this ebike....a lot. Any idea what it weighs?
Price is $8000 in Canada, but for some reason bike shops that sell Cannondale are far and few between. I imagine trying to get one for a test ride would be near impossible where I live.

Hi good afternoon everybody,
I just confirmed to my Cannondale dealer a Topstone Neo Lefty 3 which I expect to get fully assembled for next week . No fundamental changes apart
from tires still WTB but Horizon 47 .I have been for year in love with the Slate but not brave enough to buy but now close to my end I could not miss once
again such opportunity :) I leave with little regret the Cannondale Synapse Neo SE but the dealer was offering a so attractive bargain ....
I shall revert my comment as soon as I could start testing. I'm leaving in Italy close to the Swiss border along side the Como lake and for next months
I have several targets where the Topstone could confirm ( or not) my expectation
Wishing a smart weekend
regards
blackvipergts

Thank, the mirror’s brand is Zefal.
As soon as tested on & off road I shall revert my feeling and impression ( for which is the value 😕)
Regards

Any feedback I get is of value to me, as I doubt the Cannondale stores that are within 200km of me will be bringing in the Lefty 3. It's $8000 Canadian bucks where I live.

Any feedback I get is of value to me, as I doubt the Cannondale stores that are within 200km of me will be bringing in the Lefty 3. It's $8000 Canadian bucks where I live.
Good afternoon. Today my first mix tour ( 60% tarmac-40% gravel) for a total of 70km and 700mt elevation gain.
Feeling & Impression to be validated by next journey:
1) Total weight quite similar to the precedent Synapse SE , abt 18kg, the saving with Carbon vs Aluminum is partially offset by the
Lefty weight
2) Bosch Gen 4 Performance CX is definitively louder compared to the Gen 3 ActiveLine installed on the previous SE . Most probably
the Carbon frame is contributing to amplify the vibration.No real evidence , in ECO, for power difference
3) In off-road uphill the general global comfort provided by the Lefty & the KingPing rear suspension is great while the drivability is
excellent
4) Mix sentiment/impression for the WTB Horizon 47 I installed which seemed less sliding but probably a little more breakin
needed. Also these have been set with tube+ Kevlar strip , on the Synapse were Tubeless
For the time being that's all
Regards
blackvipergts
IMG_2110.jpeg

Thanks for the first impressions review. Did you notice a performance gain over the Gen 3 motor in the Neo Synapse?

I still have to update to the most recent firmware release but ,as first impression in ECO, I did not notice any relevant difference
During the next weeks I have scheduled few climbs in the Alps ( meteo docet :cool:) over the 2000 meter altitude , Colle delle Finestre 2.178 mt, 20 km
length, 9% gradient average , 1694 mt elevation gain ,and Col de Nivolet 2612 mt, 37,20 km length,5,5% gradient average,1444 mt elevation gain,
Col de Nivolet : for sure I shall have the opportunity to check how is the level of assistence. Due to my heart problem ( that's why the e-bike)
I fix now the bmp upper limit to 140 and on such long climb and gradient the engine support , probably ECO enough, is a must
I shall revert
regards
blackvipergts

The Cannondale website makes mention of the Cannondale app but has no information as to its function. Can the boost levels be customized through the app? If not, what levels of boost do each of the levels have? I do like that the bike has 2x11 gearing. This could give the Specialized Creo a run for its money.

Dave

The Cannondale website makes mention of the Cannondale app but has no information as to its function. Can the boost levels be customized through the app? If not, what levels of boost do each of the levels have? I do like that the bike has 2x11 gearing. This could give the Specialized Creo a run for its money.

Dave
The App doesn't allow any customization and the screen shot enclosed explain what's available ( basic) during the journey. More You have info about
bike technical datas, maintenance and other general info...
Being installed a Bosch Gen 4 Cx Performance, the setup is standard with 4 levels assistance (updated software firmware release July 2020 )
ECO=60% Tour=140%. EMTB=140%-340% Turbo=340%
Nm. 40. Nm 50. Nm. 75 Nm. 85
The Lefty version , mine, is only available as single crank 42 with gearing 11-42.
Honestly speaking I do not see the Topstone , either Lefty or standard fork, as comparable to Specialized Turbo Creo
Regards
Blackvipergts

Immagine PNG.png

The Specialized Trubo Creo SL Comp Carbon EVO probably comes closest to being comparable to the Topstone with a standard fork.
In Canada the Cannondale only offers the Neo Carbon Lefty 3 and the Neo Carbon 2.
The Creo EVO is $8900, while the Neo Carbon 2 is $9000. The Lefty 3 is $8000.
Of the three I'd pick the Lefty 3.

Last week I rode to the Colle delle Finestre 2180 MT) from Susa ( 430 MT) on the Giro d’Italia road for 19th km length of which 11km on tarmac and 8km on gravel for a total of 1600 mt elevation gain, and average gradient at 9.10%.
All the road in ECO and with max gearing ratio at 42-36,
average ascending speed 12km/h at 60-65 rpm.
On descent the Tompstone has been extremely stable and easy to drive and excellent sopport from the Lefty .At the end of the ride ,Purion was showing still 4 bars on 5...
The following day I climbed the Col du Moncenisio (2200mt) for 22km length , 1650 MT elevation gain and 6,5% average gradient.
Until today the total mileage is close to 1000km and global impression and feeling confirmed positive.Due to my riding style , as heritage of my past biking experience, a lower weight could be a plus while riding without assistence.
Regards
Blackvipergts
D39F2B1F-562B-4AB3-A314-055368BC6163.jpeg
D39F2B1F-562B-4AB3-A314-055368BC6163.jpeg
50A0B5FB-A3FC-4D4E-9523-6DC8D59380E9.jpeg

My legs get tired just looking at that photo of the uphill climb.

I'm visiting in a city that has a couple of Cannondale shops and plan on riding to them tomorrow to inquire about the Lefty 3. Unfortunately, they don't have one to test ride. If I want one I'll have to buy it, sight unseen.

I just ordered a Carbon Neo Lefty 3. 🥳

I took one for a short test ride (it was a large and I ride a medium) and even though the size was wrong it felt great. Now I have to wait 2 or 3 weeks for the bike to arrive.
I really like this bike, but it sure isn't a looker. A nicer paint color would do wonders for this bike.

Blackvipergts, is there an app available for the gen 4 motor to allow customizing the power output, similar to what the Creo offers?

Back