A2B Hybrid 24 Battery Not Working

purplecatqueen

Hi just got a second hand, A2B red Hybrid 24 from a online auction, looks like it has never been used, paid £520 pounds for it, said it worked, but cant get it to fire up on dash board, the key fob does not start it up, have charged the battery, over night showing green, pretty annoyed, as it looks perfect apart from its not electric at present, just wondered what to do, have downloaded the manual and watched you tube, by placing key fob face down on the screen, any help would be vey gratefull, point us in right direction, ie send it to a bike shop, and costs approx, what it would cost to get in mended...thanks in advance..

Interesting, it appears that the A2B Hybrid 24 is very similar to the A2B Velociti here in the US? I'm assuming you're somewhere in the UK given your currency mark there with the pounds ;)

a2b-hybrid-24.jpg

Another person here named kauaikit explained a way to fix the batteries in A2B electric bikes by doing some kind of reverse charge and wrote a comment about it here. Another member, JoePah, said it worked for him so maybe this is your solution? Would be great to get that bike working and back onto the road! Please let us know if it works and maybe add your own tips and pictures to help others if you get it going.

I'd suggest getting it to a local bike shop. Preferably one that has a certified tech to help with your specific bike

Sounds like a good deal... usually the batteries have been sitting around uncharged... If your charger is showing green that's good.... If you have a multimeter to measure the battery voltage, and voltage to the motor leads, we could troubleshoot.. Let me know...

PCQ….have you removed the battery and put a voltage meter on the OUT plug to see if the battery has a charge, and how much? Remember to push the power ON button. :)

Old thread but a reply, got the bike going again same battery, had the battery it was reversed charged by a bike company in Bristol Uk, it's worked fine since with no troubles..thanks for all your suggestions.

Old thread but a reply, got the bike going again same battery, had the battery it was reversed charged by a bike company in Bristol Uk, it's worked fine since with no troubles..thanks for all your suggestions.

I'm having the same problem. thing is, I'm not in the UK, I'm in Italy. Could you explain what you actually man by reverse charge in detail?
I know nothing about this stuff. I'd appreciate it.
Thanks.

Back