Hydraulic brakes for the moscow

stevieray611

Does anyone know where I could get a hydraulic brake set up for the standard moscow I have seen the moscow plus comes with them. I know they are tektro brand but would they plug straight into the Das Kit I have or would I have to change plugs n stuff ? ,I had hydraulic on my old bike and much prefer to standard disc brakes , thanks in advance

What is the model # for Textro brakes that are on the Moscow plus? I would like to put hydraulics on my Moscow. Thanks

Got my front brake from Leon bikes, took less than 15 minutes to remove old brakes and install new hydraulic brake. Took it for a test drive ride worked just fine.

I'm also interested in upgrading. We have 2 Moscows and live a couple miles up some very steep hills. I've already gone through a set of rear brake pads and I'm constantly adjusting the mechanical brakes. The red Tektro ceramic pads help a little, but they're also wearing down fast.

I just sent an email to Leon Bikes and will post the results. I'd like to find something that I can just bolt-on and bleed.

I'm also interested in knowing what kind of cheap hydraulic system could be installed on this bike (27.5" standard) while maintaining the motor inhibitor. Is there a particular feature to look for on Aliexpress?
Could we found something compatible cheaper than Leon Cycle's price?

I'm asking again since I've got no response.
Also since I'm sick of adjusting the pads and the tension every week and the visibility with the rear is extremely limited I would also like to know if I install hydraulic disk brakes can I forget for good to adjust sfuff during the pads lifetime?

I ordered the rear brake upgrade from Leon Cycle over the phone. It's a complete kit that includes a larger rear disc. Total was $137.62 after tax & shipping. It included:
- caliper
- brake lever assembly
- larger rear disc
- taller mount for caliper (for larger disc)

Super easy to install, used the same cable guides to route the brake line. Everything was assembled and there was no need to fill/bleed the system. The only time consuming part is removing the rear wheel to replace the rotor.

It's noticeably stronger than the mechanical brake, and nothing to adjust. I guess you just replace the pads.

Since the standard Moscow doesn't have the rear brake cutoff, I wonder if you could just as easily use a Shimano kit?

Yeah I would like to know if I can buy a kit from AliExpress from a lower price while keeping motor inhibitor.
i read here people got the kit for a much lower price bur I think they lost the inhibitor function.

it's julet
IMG_20201023_090538.jpg

IMG_20201023_090527.jpg

Yeah much easier same connector...
I don't have any particular model in mind. Are you sure that the same connector is enough and the type of sensor is not important?

Hi Timpo,
sorry by "switching the inhibitor cable" you mean you used a different connector with some DYI work?

Back